GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 Acadia does not shift out of gear when coasting (not on cruise control). The engine rpms stay high and sometimes even increase as the vehicle slows down. When I release the gas, it seems like the transmission stays engaged, thus the engine brakes, and slows the vehcle down. If I am driving say 45 mph and take my foot off the gas because I am heading towards a stop sign, the RPM's jump up, from maybe 700 to 1200, as if I had downshifted. This is not wanted, and it causes me to loose gas mileage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
In my 2009, if you are using cruise control, the transmission will downshift to hold the set speed on a downgrade. This is mentioned in the manual, but not clearly described. The manual doesn't associate this "feature" with cruise control and it may occur at other times.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jim-M said:
In my 2009, if you are using cruise control, the transmission will downshift to hold the set speed on a downgrade. This is mentioned in the manual, but not clearly described. The manual doesn't associate this "feature" with cruise control and it may occur at other times.
It is a feature on the 2009s. We were given a "Heads up" on it on the Enclave forum. It will shift down from 6 to 5 if you exceed your set speed on the cruise control on the downgrade by 5MPH.
BD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts