GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the dealer where they managed (I hope) to get the right side directional/brake working on my trailer connector.
The left side lights were working fine...........but the right side had only the running/tail lights operartional.
The service rep said they fixed the problem, replaced a fuse.
Seems strange to me that the directional/brake light on only one side of the trailer would have its own fuse. Im gonna check the "repair" in the morning and look in the owners manual (where I was told the wiring/fuse layout would explain the issue to me).
I had been using a 7 to 4 converter and it clearly showed no power at the port for those lights. The 7 pin connecter likewise had no power on the pin reqd.

Anyone got any thoughts on this ?

·
Registered
428 Posts
There is a seperate relay in your fuse box under the hood for the left and right side turn signals. Sounds like one of your relays was burnt out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hesh said:
Just got back from the dealer where they managed (I hope) to get the right side directional/brake working on my trailer connector.
The left side lights were working fine...........but the right side had only the running/tail lights operartional.
The service rep said they fixed the problem, replaced a fuse.
Seems strange to me that the directional/brake light on only one side of the trailer would have its own fuse. Im gonna check the "repair" in the morning and look in the owners manual (where I was told the wiring/fuse layout would explain the issue to me).
I had been using a 7 to 4 converter and it clearly showed no power at the port for those lights. The 7 pin connecter likewise had no power on the pin reqd.

Anyone got any thoughts on this ?
hesh, did you get this fixed and if so, how. I have the same issue right now.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
dont forget-- that the factory tow package equipped vehicles- have that extra fuse box somewhere in the rear panel.

people who try to add the package afterwards- have to buy that additional fuse box and have it installed...
I wonder if this is where the fuses are?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
rbarrios said:
dont forget-- that the factory tow package equipped vehicles- have that extra fuse box somewhere in the rear panel.

people who try to add the package afterwards- have to buy that additional fuse box and have it installed...
I wonder if this is where the fuses are?
extra fuse box? I know tow equipped vehicles have a different fuse box than non tow equipped vehicles :shrug:

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Are you claiming that there is a seperate set of fuses for the turn signals, brake lights, and running lights for the towed vehicle only? That's cool.

I suppose that means that without a towed vehicle, that turn signals, ect. work normally on the Acadia even if the other fuses are blown.

Also, is the reason for this due to the LED rear lights on the Acadia, I've always wondered why my vehicle turn signals are not affected (faster / slower flashing) when I have a trailer plugged in. One of my trailers is also all LED lights, but the other two have regular filiment bulbs.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
isnt that what the people who add the tow kit have to add to their Acadias? an extra fuse box or some sort of box towards the rear?

let me go look for the parts thread,

·
Registered
25 Posts
no, it's not an extra fuse box, it's a replacement for the current fuse box in the engine compartment. Non-equipped vehicles' fuse boxes have the space for the add'l fuses and relays, but the relay receptacles are missing some of the metal contacts (no idea why GM would do this). In the rear of the vehicle, a wiring harness has to be added from a plug behind the passenger side rear fender well to the trailer plug receptacle.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
ahh ok- this is where the confusion arose

Ninja gaiden post

Below is the list of parts you will need (this is for a 2007 Acadia AWD SLT-2 it may differ for other models and years):

20781543 The Hitch
11515776 Bolts for the hitch (need 8 )
12191503 7 pin plug receptical
25910884 7 pin harness
25856252 V92 fuse block (without HID), or 25856249 V92 fuse block (with HID)
15249974 Tow button (with power liftgate)
20772530 HD radiator
25802203 Trailer brake controller (cheaper to buy from etrailer.com: http://www.etrailer.com/Brake-Controller/Draw-Tite/20269.html)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts