GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't the wire harness adapter come with the trailer package? It was in the glove box of my 2004 Avalanche when I bought it!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mine didn't, I had to buy the 7 prong & 4 wire adapters from the auto parts store.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Debates and Racefla,

I'm a wee bit confused on the discussion here. I have the trailer package and it came with the 7-plug male fitting already mounted to the vehicle. It also had another rectangle plug with a wire harness in the compartment at the back of the Acadia. I believe that is for putting in a separate trailer harness.

I did have to purchase a 7-plug female fitting with a 4-plug adaptor to plug my 4-plug fitting from the trailer.

I assume that is what you guys were talking about--that the Avalanche had the 7-plug female fitting in the Avalanche that plugged into the the 7-plug male fitting at the back of the Avalanche. So both plugs were included?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup......the 7 to 4 pin adapter was INCLUDED with my Avalanche. Anyone know what the adapter is worth? can you get them at any parts store?

·
Registered
492 Posts
002 said:
Debates and Racefla,

I'm a wee bit confused on the discussion here. I have the trailer package and it came with the 7-plug male fitting already mounted to the vehicle. It also had another rectangle plug with a wire harness in the compartment at the back of the Acadia. I believe that is for putting in a separate trailer harness.

I did have to purchase a 7-plug female fitting with a 4-plug adaptor to plug my 4-plug fitting from the trailer.

I assume that is what you guys were talking about--that the Avalanche had the 7-plug female fitting in the Avalanche that plugged into the the 7-plug male fitting at the back of the Avalanche. So both plugs were included?

Yes 002 the male? or female 7 terminal reciver trailer package harness was under the bumper. I had to but a Male/female 7 wire to 4 wire plug in to hook up to a trailer.

Gets confusing. I knew I was going to need to pull a trailer. I needed to buy one with a trailering package. I guess it is worth having extra cooling, factory hitch & wireing, and tow mode button rather than trying to add just a hitch and get it wired as some are having trouble with adding..

·
Registered
306 Posts
debates said:
Yup......the 7 to 4 pin adapter was INCLUDED with my Avalanche. Anyone know what the adapter is worth? can you get them at any parts store?
I bought one at Advance Auto Parts with LED lights (to show circuits working) and it was $9.99--I think it was $2 more than the one that did not have the LEDs.

I checked the chevy part at http://www.gmaccessories-direct.com/product_info.php?products_id=2129&osCsid=240cce1b53debc926210906fbd1f5f50

It retails for $18 and you can get for $14.49 plus shipping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts