GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapped my Acadia for new Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4X4 LTZ. I wanted something with a little more off road ability. The pickup has a little better clearance along with skid plates and a limited slip differential. No real complaints with the Acadia. I owned it 2 weeks short of 2 years and that's a year longer than I usually keep a vehicle. The only time it was ever in the shop was for new rear drive shaft bolts and the wiper arm...both recalls. Did the transmission flash in October of 07 and oil changes and tire rotations were the only other times it ever saw a dealership. It had 26K when I delivered it this morning. I would highly recommend the Acadia to anyone looking for that type of vehicle...for me it was time for a change and I got a reasonable deal. IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
OK, for the million $ question, what did they give you for the Acadia? I realize they can adjust trade-in value based on what they are selling the new vehicle to you for, but I was just curious.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Sorry to hear we're losing a member, but sounds like a good choice on the truck for what you want.

So what is in the Silverado LTZ 4x4 nowadays? I have a 2005 Silverado motor in my RX7 that is the aluminum block high output 5.3L, but apparently it was only offered one year and only in the extended cab 4x4. I have the same motor from a 2005 GMC Sierra in my BMW.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the 5.3L and it's all aluminum with (I think) 315 hp. and 315 lb-ft of torque. It's full of more crap than a christmas goose. By the time they put running boards-mud flaps-Weather Tech floor liners front and back-hood deflector-4 side window deflectors-graphics and a soft tonneau cover the price was a tad over 45K. I gave them a check for 11.2K and the deal was done. Went to the DMV and paid the tax and got my new tags. GM currently has a 4K rebate on it's crew cabs. My Acadia had stickered for about 35.5K when I bought it at the end of April in 07. Not a lot of dealers out here in the sticks so not enough competition but I was tired of talking to salesmen and any way it's over and done. I'll still be checking in on this forum now and again. All in all my Acadia was a good unit.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Sounds like a really good deal, but they probably made up some of it on those dealer add-ons.

I looked up my L33 motors and they were rated around 310 HP & 325 TQ and made from 2005-07. Looks like your truck has the LC9 Gen 4 variation with 315 HP & 338 TQ.

Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I come home from my granddaughter's 10th birthday party, log on here, look through the list of recent posts, and what do I see? "Traded the Acadia today by Blue_2009_SLT2" My instantaneous reaction was, hell has frozen over and pigs are flying.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
LOL I think the subsequent post would be recently divorced guy seeks woman with garage space for 10 cars. Please post photo of garage. :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
LOL I think the subsequent post would be recently divorced guy seeks woman with garage space for 10 cars. Please post photo of garage. :D

Nah, it would only be 4 vehicles!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I could see a fight over the Challenger, but the rest of the stuff would be at the curb with me. :(

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
That does sound like a pretty decent deal, Nu2GMC. Your new Silverado sounds nice. I love mine, I just wish I had the 6-speed in it like yours has now. :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts