GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Thought I would report we traded in our Acadia on a 20 RT Durango. Our Acadia had about 18,000 miles on it. The Michelin tires were almost at the wear indicators. The wheels were peeling, shift to park issue, and sloppy shifting transmission.

Couldn’t be happier with the Durango so far. I will say the 3.6 was a very peppy engine in the Acadia and it was definitely quick. The RT Durango is a runner though even though it’s heavy and AWD. The 8HP70 ZF transmission Chrysler uses in the Durango is like silk compared to the Acadia.

2018 GMC Acadia SLT 1 FWD

·
Super Moderator
19,816 Posts
Thanks for your participation on the forum. Good luck with the new Durango.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Not much of a Dodge guy, but the Durango is OK. Enjoy what you like.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I didn't like ZF's 8 speed transmission that much. It doesn't have sports mode where I can lock it to 8th gear constantly.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I didn't like ZF's 8 speed transmission that much. It doesn't have sports mode where I can lock it to 8th gear constantly.
Unless your Acadia is different than mine, you can't lock ours in any gear either...

Reactions: Jmbjr0930

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
220 Posts
Good luck with the Durango! I looked at these heavily when shopping but the price tag was just to much to get what I had to have to make the Dodge worth it for me. Hope it treats you well and you enjoy the rubber off it! Pics?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)

The HEMI is awesome and I already installed Borla Catback exhaust on it. To be honest, despite all the issues I mentioned above the Acadia was a little to feminine for me. It was my wife’s daily driver and so is the Durango, but I have a 2018 Accord Sport, because I drive so much for work the 14 MPG we get in the HEMI would kill me if I daily drove it.

We paid around 43 for the Durango, the Acadia was 35 ish, but the R/T in my opinion is more closely equipped like a SLT2 or Denali Acadia. Not to mention our Acadia was only FWD and the Durango is AWD. The only option I don’t have on the Durango is the adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist / AC seats. The Durango has a sunroof but not the rear sunroof like the Acadia had. The Durango is also longer and narrower feeling where the Acadia was short and wide. The rear doors on the Acadia where also short where the Durango’s are same size as front doors it seems. Easier to get kids in and out. The other thing I noticed in the Acadia is the seats were narrow and not comfortable in my opinion. Anyway, these were some of the more notable differences between the two.

·
Registered
220 Posts

The HEMI is awesome and I already installed Borla Catback exhaust on it. To be honest, despite all the issues I mentioned above the Acadia was a little to feminine for me. It was my wife’s daily driver and so is the Durango, but I have a 2018 Accord Sport, because I drive so much for work the 14 MPG we get in the HEMI would kill me if I daily drove it.

We paid around 43 for the Durango, the Acadia was 35 ish, but the R/T in my opinion is more closely equipped like a SLT2 or Denali Acadia. Not to mention our Acadia was only FWD and the Durango is AWD. The only option I don’t have on the Durango is the adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist / AC seats. The Durango has a sunroof but not the rear sunroof like the Acadia had. The Durango is also longer and narrower feeling where the Acadia was short and wide. The rear doors on the Acadia where also short where the Durango’s are same size as front doors it seems. Easier to get kids in and out. The other thing I noticed in the Acadia is the seats were narrow and not comfortable in my opinion. Anyway, these were some of the more notable differences between the two.

Good looking truck! How’s the power? Not familiar with the HP or torque rating on these. Does it have the 392? I see one in my neighborhood that has the 392 at it crazy fast.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The SRT392 durango is super fast, for what it is. 475hp and 0-60 in 4.7 seconds. Wheeee!
What he got was the RT, which is the regular 360hp and 0-60 in 6.2 seconds.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The SRT392 durango is super fast, for what it is. 475hp and 0-60 in 4.7 seconds. Wheeee!
What he got was the RT, which is the regular 360hp and 0-60 in 6.2 seconds.
Ah gotcha!I looked briefly at the Durango but it was way out of my spending allowance.I do like the aggressive look and sound of it. 360hp isn’t bad. About 50 more that we are putting out. 0-60 is still close the Acadia, like around 6 seconds or something. Am I wrong? Weight an issue on the Durango or am I just dead wrong on our 0–60 time?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I got a youtube video showing me doing 0-60 in 6.2 in 100+ degree heat so its probably a high 5 second run. But I am front wheel drive, so lighter weight. I think the Acadia and a Durango RT would be a good run actually. The Durango weighs in at 5381 with the Acadia at 4100 (fwd) or 4390 (awd). So, like all Dodge's, its a porker.

·
Registered
712 Posts
...To be honest, despite all the issues I mentioned above the Acadia was a little to feminine for me..
Feminine? My wife's Rogue looks feminine, the Acadia i don't see that at'all. Anyway, enjoy your Dodge.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Feminine? My wife's Rogue looks feminine, the Acadia i don't see that at'all. Anyway, enjoy your Dodge.
Yeah I don’t see the feminine part of the Acadia at all. It’s got a great look to it and really looks more like an SUV than alot of these Mini-van looking SUVs out on the Market now. My ex-wife’s Honda Pilot is feminine looking.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yeah I don’t see the feminine part of the Acadia at all. It’s not a great look to it and really looks more like an SUV than alot of these Mini-van looking SUVs out on the Market now. My ex-wife’s Honda Pilot is feminine looking.
That too; the Acadia looks like an SUV, a manly SUV. LOL. Definitely not minivan styling.
Actually, strangely enough, my wife actually likes the Durango. She mentioned it when I was shopping... too feminine for me (kidding, just not for me).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As it’s been stated, I have the 5.7l which is 345 CI, the SRT has the 392. Those are like 70,000 new and I would compare that to like the Tahoe RST. Yes the dodge is a porker and heavy I agree. The Acadia ripped the tires off the line and had good pull. I agree it would be close head to head. The 360 hp is right. The Durango’s get jipped on power. The trucks are 390. The difference is the intake manifold. If we keep this vehicle I may swap the intake to a 6.2 with active runner system and 6.2 Cam but we’ll see. It will be after it’s paid for and warranty is done.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Im such a bad influence. He just got the durango and now is stating "if we keep this vehicle". Its ok, stick around here long enough and your next vehicle will be electric. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Glad you like it, but it's still an FCA to me, which essentially translates to rust starting in 6-7 years and electronics issues in 2.

FCA is killing it on interior looks for the general public (e.g., 2020 Ram), but i don't see their wiz-bangs lasting very long based on history.

I don't think people are going to like what they're quoted on replacing a 12" infotainment screen and system after the bumper to bumper goes away.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don’t disagree it’s definitely a concern with FCA. We’ll see where things shake out after two years ( that’s how long we had the Acadia) with the Dodge. FCA has been known for bad BCMs, etc as you stated. The poor shifting transmission in the Acadia was very much my issue. The engine also had an odd stumble at idle that others reported. The drivetrain in the Durango, in my opinion is more robust than the Acadia. Time will tell on the longevity of FCA electronics.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I don't think people are going to like what they're quoted on replacing a 12" infotainment screen and system after the bumper to bumper goes away.
That's why after the warranty expires it gets traded for something else....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts