GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for a ........... '09 Red Jewel Acadia.

I got caught in a hailstorm in Texas two weeks ago. The Acadia had quite a bit of damage. The insurance adjuster quoted replacing the roof and hood along with some dent work and traditional body work over the doors. The settlement check was pretty big. The GMC dealer had a new fully loaded SLT-2 in Red Jewel, and with discounts and the insurance check I traded for around $10k net. I kept my RV022s so my neighbors don't even know I got a new car. I am enjoying the new features (bluetooth, backup camera, +13 hp, XM traffic, heated and cooled seats), but noticed I lost a few also (glove compartment light, heated washers, second row cupholders, door badging). I also noted that the buttons under the floor mats all moved, so my all-weather mats don't fit. I'll get a new pic for my sig once the snow melts and I can clean it up again. Feels good driving a new one again.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Good news, not a bad deal considering the use you got from your old one.

It will be interesting to get your impressions of the 2009 model vs. the 2007 one once you get some miles on it. I know many are wondering about the transmission in another topic.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Congrats kantkwit. :cheers: Sounds like a nice upgrade. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
That's cool! Although you could have changed it up a little, either with a different color, or by buying an Enclave, or Traverse...LOL! But :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts