GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all. I have an 08 Enclave with a September 07 build date and AWD and 12k miles. Some time ago Acadia owners were having problems with the "TC off , service stabletrac" message coming on and then disappearing before they could get it to their dealer. I have been having this problem with my Enclave for several months and it is getting more prevalent with the wet weather & snow. Have been to dealer several times but he says that the code shows that there was a problem, doesn't tell him where; says he needs enclave showing the message to pinpoint the problem. :banghead: Have tried onstar but they couldn't help. The engine light does not come on when this problem occurs. If anyone can help it sure would be appreciated.
:help:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
woodytwo said:
Hi to all. I have an 08 Enclave with a September 07 build date and AWD and 12k miles. Some time ago Acadia owners were having problems with the "TC off , service stabletrac" message coming on and then disappearing before they could get it to their dealer. I have been having this problem with my Enclave for several months and it is getting more prevalent with the wet weather & snow. Have been to dealer several times but he says that the code shows that there was a problem, doesn't tell him where; says he needs enclave showing the message to pinpoint the problem. :banghead: Have tried onstar but they couldn't help. The engine light does not come on when this problem occurs. If anyone can help it sure would be appreciated.
:help:
I know this comment has aged a bit but I've had had two separate events now in which the "service traction control" message came on in the DIC as well as the yellow idiot light. Both times, the system seemed to reset itself after a restart. Manual actually says this can happen and it's normal as long as it's gone after restart. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. Most recently happened to me last week on a fairly long trip and I just continued driving with the light on and no apparent performance issues.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
So I wonder if the OP had any resolution with the problem

·
Registered
101 Posts
My wife had this happen to her when we had the last significant snow (Feb?). I took it into the dealership to have it checked out (along with the trans leak being fixed), and they didn't see any codes, or have an explanation as to what might cause it. It hasn't happened again, but the weather has improved significantly.

I'd be interested if others see this issue, and what possibly could cause it. Also, what might need to be done to fix it.

Bill

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
This happened to me after going out to my vehicle in the very cold temps. Started the vehicle up and it did the same thing as described above. Vehcie was hesitant to start on first try, second try is when it started and displayed the message and vehicles RPM;s were not normal, and car did not sound right. After idling for a minute or so, the message went away and engine returned to normal.

Took it to the dealer, they said no codes, possibly just the combination of cold temps and battery not working properly and all systems not engaging or turning on properly.... So they changed my battery. NO problems since but hasnt been that cold obviously. ???

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Both of my events happened on dry pavement and most recently very warm outside temps. Probably no different than a typical computer glitch which goes away on a reboot.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
It's those darn gremlins again :facepalm:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
AA/78U-Blue Gold said:
It's those darn gremlins again :facepalm:
Manual says this is normal. :-\

·
Registered
119 Posts
Had it happen to me and they reprogrammed the stabilitrak...the service record says:
Code CO561 History DOC #1876668 Check for other coads
P0021 PCM Code Bulletin #08-06-04-011 SEQ Program ECM/TCM
WCC #S0392 Clear Codes R/Test Recheck No Codes - OK

So anyways thats the story...haven't had a problem since.
It did happen off and on and then the last time it happened the warning lights wouldn't go off for a while and it drove w/ a jerky feeling.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm having a similar issue.. 2007 SLT2 AWD 51,000 miles. Running fine until this morning and as leaving home I get "TC off , service stabletrac" and lights for engine and stabletrac off triangle. Only have one
gear, either 3rd or 4th ( I think third as 45mph is 3500 rpm). At dealer's and they are looking at it. Anyone else had the no shifting issue?

·
Registered
36 Posts
UPDATE :

Dealer called today to tell me they have ordered a new transmission. He says not sure if this will fix all of the issues but it's
the first thing they have to do to start. More when it's picked up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2010 Acadia with about 6,000 miles on it. Had a similar problem happen over and over again on my vacation this past week. My gauges all went to 0 (as if I had turned off the ignition), cruise turned off (if I happened to have it set at the time), A/C turned off (just switched to air), towing mode kicked out (if we happened to be towing), got the messages Stabilitrac Off, Traction control Off. The yellow engine light came on, then everything would go back to normal. Sometimes it would just be a quick off and on, other times it stayed off for a good minute or more. The check engine light stayed on one evening for several hours and didn't clear until the next day - even shut the car off a couple of times and it didn't clear. This happened at various speeds, towing and not towing, pavement and gravel roads.

I haven't seen any posts that have a "cure" to this computer like glitch. Would love it if someone knows the fix. I find it odd that this problem has happened since the 07 models came out.

Never occured to me that I could use On Star to try to diagnose the problem - didn't realize they could do that. I'll call the dealer tomorrow, but it happens again I'll use On Star as a back up.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Update on Stabilatrac error light and check engine light issue. Dealer called after truck went in shop on 6/29/10. Replaced transmission, 4 wheel alignment and did the recall for Heated windshield washer.
Dealer paid for rental car, no charge on the trans replacement (53,000 miles) and gave me a check for $100.00. Not sure what more I can ask for other than doing the whole deal quicker. I'm happy with
my 100K GMC warrenty service.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Thanks for the update :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts