GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 gmc acadia slt 3.6l that has a engine dianostic message that the traction control is off and to service the stabilitrak. I have heard reports that this may be due to a bad wheel sensor or hub or a defective brake position sensor. I would appreciate any help in dianosing and solving these messages.... thanks Javindra

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
It's an either, or, and maybe something else situation. Somebody with a scan tool capable of reading ABS codes should be able to give you a better diagnosis.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can possibly get the some of the codes read at Autozone.

In my case it showed that message along with misfires cylinder specific. Which was resolved by new coils.

Have you performed a tuneup before on your 2008?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply my engine on my 08 Acadia is running great with good gas mileage but besides the traction control and stabletrak issue I do have engine codes p0014 p0016 & p0017 which are timing issues from either the timing chain or the camshaft position sensor. As for the traction control off service stabilitrak message it may be the brake position sensor or wheel hub or sensor

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply and I did check the fluid out and it was ok but I do suspect the brake position sensor or switch which is a known culprit for this issue

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Stabilitrak and traction control lights may well be related to your check engine codes. You should resolve those first. On an '08, I my vote would be the timing chains are stretched. If you like your vehicle, this is not one of those issues you want to put off having repaired.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply I don't have any check engine lights or any other dash lights only onboard diagnostic messages about the traction control and stabletrak and obd2 fault codes dealing with the camshaft position sensor but the engine is running fine right now with fair gas milage but yes I know that sooner or later I will have to do the timing chains but first I will change the sensors

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Thanks for the reply I don't have any check engine lights or any other dash lights only onboard diagnostic messages about the traction control and stabletrak and obd2 fault codes dealing with the camshaft position sensor but the engine is running fine right now with fair gas milage but yes I know that sooner or later I will have to do the timing chains but first I will change the sensors
If your CEL isn't on and all you're seeing is codes in a history, there's no reason to change anything now. Clear the codes and see how quickly (and if) they return. It could be just an intermittent happening.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
If your CEL isn't on and all you're seeing is codes in a history, there's no reason to change anything now. Clear the codes and see how quickly (and if) they return. It could be just an intermittent happening.
+1...but I would make sure the light is working.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
divotdug
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing