GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Acadia-car will randomly start idling really hard and shaking when stopped at a light or parked. Check engine light will start flashing and it will say traction control off/check stabilitrac. It will stop after 5 seconds or so and sometimes check engine light just goes off and sometimes stays on for a day or two. It happened a few times over the last couple years but has been happening frequently over the last month. I took it to shop to have code pulled and they said could be o2 sensor or one other issue which I can’t remember. Have it scheduled to go to the dealership next week

·
Super Moderator
18,999 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Hope it hasn't been driven in such condition "over the last couple years" that repair requires a bunch of parts which were likely unnecessary back then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 Acadia-car will randomly start idling really hard and shaking when stopped at a light or parked. Check engine light will start flashing and it will say traction control off/check stabilitrac. It will stop after 5 seconds or so and sometimes check engine light just goes off and sometimes stays on for a day or two. It happened a few times over the last couple years but has been happening frequently over the last month. I took it to shop to have code pulled and they said could be o2 sensor or one other issue which I can’t remember. Have it scheduled to go to the dealership next week
What did you find out?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Head same issue 4 months back on 2013 Acadia what happened to me is I will drive and suddenly I will lose TC stabili track engine light will come on then when I press on gas’s paddle car would not go rpm would jut go up without car moving to fix the issue I would have to turn off the car reset TC then it would be fine after doing all that engine light would stay on for few hours or 1 day then would be gone.

Fix for me was inside transmission me transmission replaced 100 dollars part it cost me 700 for repair most of the money for labor never head a problem again search my name in this forum there is more detail explanation hope it helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I took my car in and apparently this is an ongoing issue with the Acadia. A bulletin was issued for it (18NA009), they're telling me there is a leak in a power steering hose which has leaked into the engine wiring harness and is leaking onto an O2 sensor. I'm pretty sure I just worded that all wrong but that is the jest of it. a $2800 repair on a 3 year old car!

·
Super Moderator
18,999 Posts
So I took my car in and apparently this is an ongoing issue with the Acadia. A bulletin was issued for it (18NA009), they're telling me there is a leak in a power steering hose which has leaked into the engine wiring harness and is leaking onto an O2 sensor. I'm pretty sure I just worded that all wrong but that is the jest of it. a $2800 repair on a 3 year old car!
Unfortunately, 18NA009 is just a TSB covering a condition IF it is observed by the tech. The repair is not covered by a recall or any special extension of warranty. The condition might have been covered by an extended service contract if the right plan was purchased.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts