GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have a 2010 GMC Acadia with 179000 miles. The problem I am having is when I start my car the traction control light comes on then the stabilitrak services pop up and that even before I put it in drive. When I put it in reverse, it shift real hard that the car shake. When I put it in drive and press the gas, it's like it's going no where. If I get up to 40 mph, the dash start to go up and down and then it go limp. Please can someone help? Been to the dealer and they charged me for something I didnt need. Now they say they can't continue cuz I'm not under warranty.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I'm guessing you also have a check engine light. Without knowing the error codes, anything posted here is idle speculation.

·
Super Moderator
20,280 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it to the dealer and this is the bill even though I'm still having the problems

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I took it to the dealer and this is the bill even though I'm still having the problems
I'm not seeing any bill.

You have multiple communications errors between various sensors causing the vehicle to go into limp mode.

A dealer or a knowledgeable tech needs to perform a CAN bus line test.

I agree with Speleos, there is most likely a wiring or connector issue. On an 11 year old Acadia, I would suspect a corrosion issue with one or more of the connectors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 that had a similar problem , found a red chafed wire on the connector plugging into the transmission. it was losing power to the TCM and it didn't know what gear it was in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts