GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Recently i'm facing issue in my Acadia 2008 model. The error displayed is "Traction and stability control error".

On the DTC test the error codes are:

P0703,p0856,p2544,p0575,p0496,p0430 and p0420 (screenshot attached)

Now, my mechanic is unable to figure out the exact cause of this issue and he is referring that the issue is in Gear box and the issue is in transmission

Not sure should I go for the diagnosis of Gearbox or there is something else that I need to look to fix this issue

P.S:I'm facing this is once a month and after resetting DTC all goes normal

Any suggestions how to diagnose this error

Appreciate help

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi,

Recently i'm facing issue in my Acadia 2008 model. The error displayed is "Traction and stability control error".

On the DTC test the error codes are:

P0703,p0856,p2544,p0575,p0496,p0430 and p0420 (screenshot attached)

Now, my mechanic is unable to figure out the exact cause of this issue and he is referring that the issue is in Gear box and the issue is in transmission

Not sure should I go for the diagnosis of Gearbox or there is something else that I need to look to fix this issue

P.S:I'm facing this is once a month and after resetting DTC all goes normal

Any suggestions how to diagnose this error

Appreciate help
:welcome:

If you are paying someone to do this and he is unable to find the root cause, then it's time to find another mechanic and get a 2nd opinion.

If you are DIY this, I would first clear the codes. Have the code reader in your car and as soon as the code pops out scan it. Maybe some of those codes are false positive and are being triggered by the original fault. :shrug:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chop.

Actually I do have code reader and usually it shows error like 'U0073 Comm. bus off', 'P0700 Transmission control system MIL request', 'u0100 lost comm. with ECM/PCM A'

so I thought to show my car to expert who can diagnose this for me

It seems my reader is showing generic error (like O2 sensor etc)

·
Super Moderator
20,280 Posts
Those communication (U) codes are troublesome. Could be the root of the problem. :shrug: Like Chop Chop said, time to find someone with the tools and knowledge to pinpoint the problem. With the additional info, seems like either a bad electrical connector or module failure (setting the "U" codes). Nothing in your posts suggests a transmission problem.

BTW, almost all DTCs are generic to the industry standard for OBD-II. Few are manufacturer-specific.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Chop.

Actually I do have code reader and usually it shows error like 'U0073 Comm. bus off', 'P0700 Transmission control system MIL request', 'u0100 lost comm. with ECM/PCM A'

so I thought to show my car to expert who can diagnose this for me

It seems my reader is showing generic error (like O2 sensor etc)
Did you ever get this fixed. I'm having a VERY similar issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts