GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When tires are changed out, do the sensors in each tire need to be replaced as well or can they be reused?

·
Registered
130 Posts
to add to your question - are the valve stems separate from the pressure sensors? Do they get replaced if the sensors are retained?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The sensors do not need to be replaced. You will need to follow the procedure in the owner's manual for the computer to relearn which sensor is at which location so the monitoring system reports it correctly.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well here is the thing, i got a nail awhile back and ran up to walmart to have the tire patched.(only place open) they claim that they are not allowed to re pack sensors and would have to replace it(they didnt have mine anyway). just wound up plugging the tire

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
If they can't be resued when changing out the tires, that adds about another $200 or so for a set of 4?

For all the people who upgraded to aftermarket rims or a new size, were you required to buy the TPMS sensors again?

·
Registered
125 Posts
MedicRxDoc said:
For all the people who upgraded to aftermarket rims or a new size, were you required to buy the TPMS sensors again?
No, when I bought the GM Accessory RV022 rims, they reused the sensors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts