GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a flat on my Acadia last night. Started the car and the Monitor indicated 6PSI in the left front tire. I looked at the tire, it seemed OK, but the left rear was flat as a pancake. I took the tire in to see if it could be fixed, and the problem turned out to be a leak in the TPMS sensor itself, not the tire. Has anyone ever heard of this? I am taking it to the dealer. It should still be under warranty.

RodL
Palatine, IL

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Have not heard of this issue however, your tires must have been rotated without completing the "relearn" procedure for the TPMS. That is why it was the rear tire even though the system indicated the front.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
NO way of knowing if your close to a warranty expiration since we have no idea what year your Acadia is, or mileage.
Please update your signature with this (vehicle details) information to help us help you.
It could be under warranty, but if the tires were removed from the wheels at any point and damage was caused by the tire repair person, then they may not be covered.
How was the TPMS leaking?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
The ones I bought for the new wheels on my Dodge had a seal on them where they mounted in the valve stem opening. If the Acadia is similar, this would be the main possibility. Other than that, it could be the valve inside.

How long ago was anything done to the tires? Since this is a weird failure, it sounds like something that would happen if they were disturbed in some way.

One post in a year & 4 months of membership! Could be a lurking record. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts