GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Towed two snowmobiles on an open tip trailer this past weekend. First time out this year for a road trip. Had towed with my '99 Yukon in years past and let me tell you, this thing tows like a a dream! AWD, turn on the "tow button" and it pulls strong.

Mind you, at 13.5mpg, but that's probably what I got with my Yukon and never knew it. With the DIC info, we averaged about 61 mph for the 400 mile trip. It was windy when we came back on Sunday and it was like I couldn't even notice it. No swaying, no issues with power, etc. I passed cars on the highway with no problems at all.

I did get a 7pin to 4pin adapter ($12?) and the trailer lights worked great! Any fears I had of towing are gone, gone, gone. :thumb:

·
Registered
533 Posts
Crave....,

Glad you had such a good experience! From reading various posts on handling & weather, most folks are quite pleased with the Acadia's performance. What does this conn. adapter do for you? Is it just to convert to the conn. you have on your trailer? By the way, where's you go?

Smooth <><

·
Registered
956 Posts
I believe the adapter converts the 7 pin to a flat four which is real common on utility trails and such. It just plugs in to the 7 pin. Very easy.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, 7pin to 4pin, worked no problem...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts