GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Acadia will see double duty at work as a pickup & delevery unit. I need to tow 1 of 4 different trailers of verious sizes to pick up lawn mowers.

Today was the first time I had to use it as such. I used my old drop hitch that will need to be replaced with a straight no drop to get the trailer nosed up. The hitch has some play and it did fram & bang around & transfer the noise into the cabin. This went away with a mower loaded up and was aprox 600lbs.

I punched the trailer button to see what is going to happen. One the "reverse sense off" lights up in the DIC display. Upon taking off it seemed like it shifted the first 2 gears & then held third much longer. I was in a 30mph area and it would hold in 3rd gear and would not shift up unless it got to 3000rpm or I would give some extra gas & let off. Shifts were held longer and were more firm.

When slowing down the downshifts were more firm as well. I didn't go over 45mph on this trip.

On a light load like this I don't think this will be needed. The heavest load I will need to tow will be 2000lbs with one of the bigger trailers and heavy commercial mowers so that may be a different story.

It will get tested plenty. In the summer time I almost have to leave a trailer attached full time if I'm just going just back & forth to work only.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Thx for the initial info. You're certainly going to be one of the most stylish trailer towers in town! Sounds like the towing button does what we would want it to do.

Smooth <><

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tow trip #2.
I had another pickup today that allowed some highway speeds.
First off, the small trailer I used has bias Ply tires that are not the most round or balanced. The trailer shakeing transferd right through the body and into the seat bottom. I'll just chauk it up to a crapy trailer.

On the loaded ride back it rode great. At 60mph I put the cruise on and hit the trailer button. The RPM's went to 3000. I turned off the button and the RPM droped to 2000 a second and then down to 1600rpm.

It seems like it kicks the top OD 2 gears or top gear & converter lockup, off. Hard to tell cause it seemed like it shifted 5 times to get up to speed.

Damn car shifts a lot, kind of like it's a CVT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts