GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 Acadia SLT 2.0L turbo engine with the trailering package. However, the mode selector knob only shows tour, weather, sport modes - NO towing (haul) on the mode selector knob. Why not? How do I select tow mode then?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
"Tow Mode" is only available on AWD vehicles (page 229 in the owner's manual).
Thanks for your reply but, Pages 228 & 229 of the 2022 manual does not say that tow is only available for AWD vehicles. It says x4 AWD is only available for AWD only vehicles. It does say Tow/Haul mode also engages AWD mode for AWD vehicles. If you look at the images, it shows 2 different pictures - 1 for AWD, the other for FWD. I have the later, but no Tow shown on my selector knob.

Font Motor vehicle Parallel Map Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
511 Posts
Oops, sorry, misread what I was looking at. Interesting there is no 'tow mode' on your selector knob - definitely contradicts the graphics in the manual. Might be a question for the dealer or GMC itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Knowledgeable Dealer is confused too. he's researching now, but ... I figured maybe someone here might have the answer. Thanks for trying.

BYW, I traded in a 2021 SLE to get the 2022 SLT that I should have originally purchased. I can not believe the differences in features. I did not want leather, but it is hard to believe that what should be standard even on a SL isn't available until the SLT. Big difference I didn't even know about is the 1,5L engine being dropped and replaced with the 2.0L Turbo. Great part of my upgrade that i wasn't even expecting. More HP & torque AND BETTER MPG too.

·
Registered
511 Posts
This conversation got me curious, so I did a little digging. Couldn't find much specifically but did find a reference to 'tow mode' here -

Capability Features | 2022 GMC Acadia | Mid-Size SUV

...where it says "FWD models offer Normal, Snow, Sport and Trailer/Tow (if equipped) modes. AWD models (as shown) offer FWD, AWD, Sport, Off-Road and Trailer/Tow (if equipped) modes. " which implies to me that it's an optional feature but with my quick searching I didn't find anything further.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed. That is what the Owners Manual shows in the image in post #3. Question is why is that Trailer/tow mode position (#5) not shown as available on the mode selector?

·
Super Moderator
23,610 Posts
Agreed. That is what the Owners Manual shows in the image in post #3. Question is why is that Trailer/tow mode position (#5) not shown as available on the mode selector?
Look for the trailering package RPO code on the vehicle's SPID label. That label should be in the rear cargo compartment. Trailering package used to be RPO code V92. It may have changed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turns out (after 2 days of digging) that there is probably a chip shortage for the tow mode and instead of backordering like a number of other features that are "back ordered", GM decided to just remove the tow mode and put in the selector switch as if you did not order the tow package - Not happy.. Very Unprofessional! See attached document

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Turns out (after 2 days of digging) that there is probably a chip shortage for the tow mode and instead of backordering like a number of other features that are "back ordered", GM decided to just remove the tow mode and put in the selector switch as if you did not order the tow package - Not happy.. Very Unprofessional! See attached document
Good info - Bad news.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Knowledgeable Dealer is confused too. he's researching now, but ... I figured maybe someone here might have the answer. Thanks for trying.

BYW, I traded in a 2021 SLE to get the 2022 SLT that I should have originally purchased. I can not believe the differences in features. I did not want leather, but it is hard to believe that what should be standard even on a SL isn't available until the SLT. Big difference I didn't even know about is the 1,5L engine being dropped and replaced with the 2.0L Turbo. Great part of my upgrade that i wasn't even expecting. More HP & torque AND BETTER MPG too.
Just to clarify, they dropped the 2.5L engine and now only offer 2.0L Turbo or 3.6 V6. GMs 1.5L has never been in the Acadia.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Indeed. . the 2.5L 4 cylinder was dropped.
And now yet another "chip shortage" Tow Mode option deletion?

Did they adjust the price or give a courtesy rebate for the deletion?

What are we. .. . the next 3rd world country? Don't answer that. . .. .;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2022 Acadia SLT 2.0L turbo engine with the trailering package. However, the mode selector knob only shows tour, weather, sport modes - NO towing (haul) on the mode selector knob. Why not? How do I select tow mode then?
I just traded. My 2018 v6 Slt for a 2022 Sle 4cyl turbo with trailer package and I'm also missing the turn dial for trailer! Yea dealer could not explain this matter!

I also have same question for my 22 Sle
Interesting I also have the same 22 and missing the turn dial setting?
Have same 22 trailer package and also missing the setting on turn dial, my 2018 Slt had the dial setting?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I thought tow mode was only available with the v6 and AWD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Call it what you desire - TOW, Trailering,.. package. It is still available, the only item that has disappeared is the ability to select "TOW" on the round mode switch. In essence, it is in a "manual mode" for towing vs automatic re the transmission. Personally, I never used the tow function when towing a trailer. I do n ot like the overrevving of the engine some feel is necessary. All of the necessary features still come with the option.

Trailer Tow Package (RPO code V92), which includes the following content (relevant RPO codes listed in parentheses):
  • Factory-installed hitch
  • 7-pin wiring harness
  • Class III hitch
  • Heavy-duty cooling system (V08)
  • 170-amp alternator (KW7)
  • Hitch Guidance with Hitch View (PZ8)
  • Hitch Guidance (CTT)
Pricing for the 2022 GMC Acadia’s Trailer Tow Package is set at $650. For SLE trim levels, the tow package requires the Driver Convenience Package (RPO code ZQ2), priced at $1,750. For Denali trim levels, the tow package is also included with the Denali Ultimate Package (RPO code PEC), priced at $5,045. Furthermore, SLE trims require the Infotainment Package (RPO code Y29, priced at $995) for the Hitch Guidance with Hitch View (RPO code PZ8) feature and Hitch Guidance (RPO code CTT) feature.
With that covered let’s check out the full breakdown for the 2022 GMC Acadia towing capacities:
2022 GMC Acadia Towing Capacities
ModelDrivetrainTurbo 2.0L I4 LSY#colspan3.6L V6 LGX#colspan
Axle RatioMax Trailer Weight (lbs / kg)Axle RatioMax Trailer Weight (lbs / kg)
SLEFWD/AWD3.471,500 / 680
SLE with (V92) Trailer Towing PackageFWD/AWD3.473,500 / 1,588
SLTFWD/AWD3.471,500 / 6803.491,000 / 454
SLT with (V92) Trailer Towing PackageFWD/AWD3.473,500 / 1,5883.494,000 / 1,814
AT4AWD3.491,000 / 454
AT4 with (V92) Trailer Towing PackageAWD3.494,000 / 1,814
DenaliFWD/AWD3.471,500 / 6803.491,000 / 454
Denali with (V92) Trailer Towing PackageFWD/AWD3.473,500 / 1,5883.494,000 / 1,814
As we can see, the 2022 GMC Acadia peaks out with a maximum trailer weight of 4,000 pounds for SLT, AT4, and Denali trim levels equipped with the 3.6L V6 LGX gasoline engine and optional Trailer Towing Package, while V6-equipped models without the package have the lowest overall max trailer weight at 1,000 pounds. Notably, without the tow package, 2022 GMC Acadia models with the turbocharged 2.0L I4 LSY engine have a higher maximum trailer weight than models with the V6, with the former rated at 1,500 pounds, and the latter rated at 1,000 pounds.

·
Super Moderator
23,610 Posts
Cartoon Facial expression White Vertebrate Organ
LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts