GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

Just ordered a pen for myself b/c of numerous little chips. The paint seems to flake easily n this car as opposed to other GMC's I have had.

Didn;t get it from dealer but from this website.

http://www.autovisuals.com/index.asp

A bunch of people from a BMW board I am part of use the pen and have raved about it. I have also read about it in numerous mags. Another alternative to the factory paint/brush kits.

Joe

·
Registered
88 Posts
Use coupon code E46 to get $5 off.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Hey guys.

A bunch of people from a BMW board I am part of use the pen and have raved about it. I have also read about it in numerous mags. Another alternative to the factory paint/brush kits.

Joe
Thank you Joe for the info and jf for the code. I will proceed to order today for both autos. Forum boards , don't know what I would do without them!

I did e-mail my GMC dealer yesterday, that is some 60 miles away, after reading one of the other boards regarding free sample paint from GMC. Dealer did not know about this free btl GMC touch-up paint and I replied back that perhaps check with GMC policy regarding this subject. He replied that a bottle would be in the mail to me that day and I will be expecting to receive Friday.

In using mfg touch-up paint, I use a #1 brush that you purchase from an arts and craft store and have found this works real well for better control. You will find this type touch-up brush suggestion in written articles.

I am looking forward to trying the new pen type as have a small chip on the rear hatch door of the Acadia. Thank you Joe and jf for your information on ordering the Pen type applicator!

·
Registered
107 Posts
NY_Joe said:
Hey guys.

Just ordered a pen for myself b/c of numerous little chips. The paint seems to flake easily n this car as opposed to other GMC's I have had.

Didn;t get it from dealer but from this website.

Joe
I see they offer White Diamond Pearl, code WA800J. Is that the equivalent of White Diamond Tricoat?

·
Registered
43 Posts
yes that is the correct code for White Diamond Tricoat

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you guys for the useful info. My dealer called up earlier in the week asking how we like the Acadia and if there's anything he could do. We asked about the free paint and he said he was unaware of it. Asked him to check with GM and told him we heard about it on this website. He called back to say he found it and that we should be receiving it in the mail shortly. I also just ordered my pen (and saved the $5). Just one of the many things I've learned on this site. Thanks again. :cheers:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,

If any of you are interested in touch-up paint please contact me. I have been taking care of alot of Acadia Forum members.

FYI... the free bottle of touch-up paint is not mandatory. It's part of a program from GM called "Let's Stay In Touch" and is a program GM dealers can enroll in, but it is not free.

Thanks, Gene.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My pen came in today. It looks to be high quality. Luckily I don't need to use it right now!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Wish I had known...
I had to special order (#12346643 CODE 62 WA 805K DK SPIRAL GREY) and cough up $14 for 1/2 fl oz.
On the flip side, it is a very good applicator - pen & brush - and the color matches exactly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Guys, I made my deal with the dealer when I bought the Acadia, Told him I need some of the Touch Up Paint for the Acadia White Diamond. At first, he said I cannot do that, It has to be ordered, I said I will sign my name on the dotted line when you order it, He said, you got me. :cheers: So when you spend 39 thousand for one of these Beauty's I would say, They will give you one of these paint pens. So the next time you go and buy a new Car or Truck, Make sure you have that in the deal 2. ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good information, but I've not had to use it luckily. We've had several Hondas over the years and all of them seemed to have thin paint, lots of rock chips under normal condiitons.

So far, not a nick on the Acadia, hope it stays that way! :cheers: Erik

·
Registered
66 Posts
When you guys ordered the pain pen - did you also buy the clear coat pen? I didn't know if that was nessecary or what everyone's experience was.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yes you need the clear coat it will also tell you when you order the paint. :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
My dealer just gave me (cause I asked) the touch up paint for my White Diamond Tricoat SL2 Acadia. I did ask about the base and mid coat (which is included when you order the touch up paint from other sites - just google it), but they did not know anything about it.

My question - do I need the base and mid coat touch up paint before I apply the touch up paint the dealer gave me? The info on the touch up paint the dealer gave is as follows:code 98 WA800J. Thanks. Dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone know what color is for the Liquid Silver Metallic?

·
Registered
35 Posts
1#12346693 Code 67 WA994L
Lacquer touch-up Paint
Lt. Tarnished Silver
2 in 1 applicator with roller ball tip and brush end

Is what it says on the bottle 1/2 fl oz

This is what I got from the Dealer when they typed in the VIN number for my 08 Acadia Liquid Silver

Also the same color as my 04 Envoy XL

Cheers :beer:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts