GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, our 2008 Acadia is only two months old and the touch screen operations are acting screwy. It seems like the top of the screen doesn't work. Along the top of the display to go from FM to AM to XM etc the screen doesn't react at all. However in the lower section, like using navi, the screen works ok. The dealer hasn't seen this before and is ordering a new unit (just the touch screen I think). I just wondered if anyone out there had a similar problem.

Thanks,
BostonAcadia

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I guess no one else had this problem. The dealer replaced the screen last week and it works just great. The experience at the dealership was actually pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised that things worked out so easily.

Let me know if anyone wants details about this problem.

-BostonAcadia

·
Registered
420 Posts
I know this is an old thread, just wanted to comment in case anyone else is looking for symptoms of this issue.

I just had mine replaced (keeps getting Nav disc read error and also goes to the black GMC screen randomly).

When I picked it up I immediately noticed the top row didn't function properly, the touch screen calibration seems way off. Pushing anything at the top needs 5-6 presses to make it work. Pushing toward the bottom middle touches to the bottom left. And I can't set my presets, try to hold the preset for 3 seconds to set and it de-selects it immediately and changes to the stations already set almost like I pushed, let off, and pushed again.

Will be having them order another unit tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
So there is no way to recalibrate the screen; it does seem as though the screen calibration was way off

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our display was replaced by dealer, under warranty, and it has been fine since. If you have yours replaced make sure they remove and replace the navigation disc. The technician had to reinstall faulty display, eject the disc. reinstall new display and load navigation disc.

BostonAcadia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts