GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's been over a month since the last post on this.... same issue here, it happens randomly, one day it is fine, the next day, it's changing my radio stations and making calls (if my phone is connected).... has anyone found a solution?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have not gotten it fixed yet. I watched some YouTube videos about the issue and one guy says he fixed his, but we haven’t tried his solution yet. Mine has actually been acting right for the past week or so and I’m hoping it fixed itself somehow. A honda repair guy I was talking to while they worked on our other vehicle told me to go to a car audio type shop and have them put in an aftermarket non GMC screen for a lot less money.
Same issue.... it comes and goes. I forget about it because it will work fine for a week or two, then yesterday it started up again... turned car off at a red light (opened door to turn off radio) then started car back and it was fine for the rest of the day. This morning got in and same problem again, turned car off at a red light (opened door), restarted and it was fine.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Same issue.... it comes and goes. I forget about it because it will work fine for a week or two, then yesterday it started up again... turned car off at a red light (opened door to turn off radio) then started car back and it was fine for the rest of the day. This morning got in and same problem again, turned car off at a red light (opened door), restarted and it was fine.
What year and model Acadia do you have? There are a couple different radio options so it makes a difference on the screen and which ones may be having the issue.

·
Super Moderator
23,547 Posts
Knowing the Infotainment system RPO code would probably be more beneficial in determining if the problem is related to one option or another.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
2019 SLT-1 came with the Bose 8" screen.UQA - BOSE PREMIUM 8 SPEAKER AUDIO.

·
Super Moderator
23,547 Posts
Guess there's no concerrn then for trim options on the one-and-done posts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone succesfully solved this issue? I have a 2018 Acadia, some thing happening all the time.
We bought a certified pre owned acadia and it had the infotainment issues. Would randomly switch between functions and screen would freak out. The dealer replaces the radio with a new one and so far it's been fine. I'm guessing they short out after awhile. Seemed like when the temp outside was hot or after the radio warmed up it was worse. But with new radio all has been fine.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
We bought a certified pre owned acadia and it had the infotainment issues. Would randomly switch between functions and screen would freak out. The dealer replaces the radio with a new one and so far it's been fine. I'm guessing they short out after awhile. Seemed like when the temp outside was hot or after the radio warmed up it was worse. But with new radio all has been fine.
What year and model Acadia do you have. Just for reference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Mine is being replaced next month. $1000 :(

21 - 31 of 31 Posts