GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we finally convinced the dealer to replace the torque converter under warranty after the shuddering got worse and worse over the last 6 months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well we finally convinced the dealer to replace the torque converter under warranty after the shuddering got worse and worse over the last 6 months.
Hello JMO
I did not see the previous messages related to this, but I have a shudder right around 30 MPH, at the 2nd to 3rd shift. Sometimes I get one at higher speeds as well. Was this also your symptom?
2017 Acadia Denali

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello JMO
I did not see the previous messages related to this, but I have a shudder right around 30 MPH, at the 2nd to 3rd shift. Sometimes I get one at higher speeds as well. Was this also your symptom?
2017 Acadia Denali
I too am having a similar issue. What were your symptoms JMO?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have not had mine repaired. It just started this a few weeks ago and I am out of warranty both in years and miles (84K).
The person who got his replaced- was that within the 3 year warranty period or did you have to pay?
I wonder if it is worth pestering my dealer over. It is to the point where I have to do something. I think the slippage is what dropped my fuel mileage to 13-14.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I have not had mine repaired. It just started this a few weeks ago and I am out of warranty both in years and miles (84K).
The person who got his replaced- was that within the 3 year warranty period or did you have to pay?
I wonder if it is worth pestering my dealer over. It is to the point where I have to do something. I think the slippage is what dropped my fuel mileage to 13-14.
I don't believe it's worth pestering the dealer, you are well out of warranty. I do believe you should have it repaired. It doesn't fix itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't believe it's worth pestering the dealer, you are well out of warranty. I do believe you should have it repaired. It doesn't fix itself.
I guess what I meant to add was that I was wondering if there was some sort of program where they fix that due to some known defect.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I guess what I meant to add was that I was wondering if there was some sort of program where they fix that due to some known defect.
Your service advisor will know if there is a special coverage for it. I suspect since nothing has popped up on this forum regarding a special coverage there isn't one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts