GMC Acadia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts
Re: Seat Belts - Damage to Plastic

Web Raven said:
So here's a question then. If I take it in and complain, and per that bulletin they do not replace it and the "fix" doesn't come out until AFTER my warranty has expired... then what? Who pays to replace it?
They do, especially if you make sure they put your complaint on your service receipt as unresolved. That way you have proof that you raised the issue during the warranty period.

Re: Seat Belts - Damage to Plastic

loach said:
Web Raven said:
So here's a question then. If I take it in and complain, and per that bulletin they do not replace it and the "fix" doesn't come out until AFTER my warranty has expired... then what? Who pays to replace it?
They do, especially if you make sure they put your complaint on your service receipt as unresolved. That way you have proof that you raised the issue during the warranty period.
That's my understanding as well. There's a fitment problem with the B-pillar trim in my truck that they couldn't fix when I first brought it in. GM has a revised clip to use now (of course it's on back-order ::) ) and my dealer is going to fix it even though the non-powertrain warranty has expired (40+K miles in 17 months :eek: ) since the compaint was first logged while it was still under warranty.

Re: Seat Belts - Groove Cut in B-Pillar trim

Hey, FYI everyone, GM has a new part out to correct this problem now.  If your seatbelt is cutting a groove and want it fixed, there is a new shoulder belt guard with a larger opening that can be installed. 

Check with your dealer:  #08-08-110-018: Front Seat Shoulder Belt Adjustable Guide Cover Wear (Replace Cover) - (Dec 9, 2008)

Re: Seat Belts - Groove Cut in B-Pillar trim

GeoHawk said:
Hey, FYI everyone, GM has a new part out to correct this problem now. If your seatbelt is cutting a groove and want it fixed, there is a new shoulder belt guard with a larger opening that can be installed.

Check with your dealer: #08-08-110-018: Front Seat Shoulder Belt Adjustable Guide Cover Wear (Replace Cover) - (Dec 9, 2008)
Thanks Geo, adding this to my list.

Re: Seat Belt post cover

My 08 has this on the front driver side. I thought the groove was supposed to be there...such a fine cut. Well, crap...just had it in for the heated windshield recall...and the water leak...they were required to fix it again...even though they fixed the leak over the summer.

Re: B-Post Shoulder Seat Belt Cover Damage

Similar Topics merged and moved and consolidated in Recall, TSB board.[/color]

Is your seat belt cutting into the adjustable cover on the B pillar?

If so GM has designed a new cover with a larger slit for the seat belt. I do not have the part # but your dealer should have the info and can order it for you.

Topic merged, thanks for you input big bear[/color]

Seat belt sawing through plastic on post

Yep, the drivers seat belt is sawing through the plastic on the plastic height adjustor on the post. This is the piece that moves up and down located just above the side airbag.

Luckily I noticed 600 miles before my warranty is up. Getting both front seats replaced next monday.

Anyone having this issue? It apparently happens when putting the seat belt on.

Re: Seat belt sawing through plastic on post

I have the same issue? But why would they replace the the seats? I don't think the seats are the problem ???

My passenger side has this issue, but not the driver's side

I don't know why they are replacing the seats. There is a newly designed plastic part that attatches to the B post (behind the front door) that has a wider mouth opening to prevent this.

I will see if i can find more info. I think there is a TSB or maybe I read on the Enclave forum.

They are not replacing the seats, I must have been in la la land. I meant the seat belt adjuster.

happy29 said:
Yep, the drivers seat belt is sawing through the plastic on the plastic height adjustor on the post. This is the piece that moves up and down located just above the side airbag.

Luckily I noticed 600 miles before my warranty is up. Getting both front seats replaced next monday.

Anyone having this issue? It apparently happens when putting the seat belt on.
topic merged with already existing thread about this[/color]

I just got this TSB completed. I will post photo of the new adjuster later. To others with this problem, When they do this, make sure they replace both sides even if 1 side is not affected. You will want them to match.

seat belts cutting into plastic

Has anyone noticed their seat belt straps cutting into the plastic on the adjusters? It is caused by pulling down on the belt to clip it. This has happened on my 07 Acadia on both front sides. The good news is they know about the flaw and my dealer replaced both pillars with a new design....I suppose these are on the 09's.

Another merge. Y'all know we have a new & improved upper right search function, right? :)

EDIT
Sorry your majesty- I wasn't quick enough on the draw on this one.

Re: seat belts cutting into plastic

Nunesb said:
Has anyone noticed their seat belt straps cutting into the plastic on the adjusters? It is caused by pulling down on the belt to clip it. This has happened on my 07 Acadia on both front sides. The good news is they know about the flaw and my dealer replaced both pillars with a new design....I suppose these are on the 09's.
Do you have pics of this new design?

Re: seat belts cutting into plastic

Nunesb said:
i havent notice the cutting, but they sure do get filthy and i can see why. our belts are super clean!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.