GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently noticed that the seat belt has cut a nice slot in the plastic cover on the shoulder/door post from pulling it out to buckle up. BTW it's adjusted all the way up.

On 8000 miles. Anyone else seen theirs doing this yet?

Will post a photo soon.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Re: Seat Belt post cover

I just noticed mine doing this. I am pretty short so I don't really understand why it gouging like that. It has 7000 miles on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Yes mine has done it too. I have already taken it in and the part is on back order..go figure. just like every other part that goes on this vehicle.. it seems everything is on backorder.

·
Registered
165 Posts

Just noticed mine a few days ago. Right now it's tiny. Car has just over 4000 miles on it.

·
Registered
542 Posts

My may 2007 has a different looking post cover. I do not see how this could happen with mine

·
Registered
812 Posts

Keith said:
My may 2007 has a different looking post cover. I do not see how this could happen with mine
pls. post sum pics so we can compare it... :)

·
Registered
389 Posts

I kept looking at every interior picture I could find trying to figure out how the cutting could happen. I imagined it would have to look like the pictures posted by Racefla for such cutting to happen - but none of the pictures I found looked like that could even happen at all so I was just scratching my head. Then I saw these pictures- this must have been a change early in production.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Here's what it looks like on mine ('08).

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts

I'll have to get pics of my Outlook but I know exactly when I cut a notch in mine. It occurs when I put the belt on. I sometimes pull it straight toward the front of the vehicle and up as well to clear whatever I have in my lap.

·
Registered
164 Posts

The picture of the '08 seatbelt appears to be the same as the '07.
If the seatbelt guide is set too low or pulled straight out towards the windshield, then I can see how a cut would be created on the plastic guide.

13,500 miles on my '07 Outlook and no cuts or "bruises" on the seatbelt guides.

·
Registered
264 Posts

My 2007 with 5000 plus miles does not have this. Don't know if we pull it out straight or it is set right. Wonder if seat adjustment makes a difference?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Seat Belts - Damage to Plastic

I did a quick search for this issue and didn’t find anything. While I was vacuuming out the mass amounts of dog hair from my Acadia’s interior on Saturday afternoon, I noticed that the plastic parts that the seatbelts come out of are getting worn by the belt. The belt is cutting into the plastic at the top of the opening on both the driver and passenger sides of the vehicle. When the belts are being worn by passengers, it doesn’t appear that it is touching that part of the plastic, so it must just be when the belt is being put on or taken off.

Has anyone else noticed this on their Acadia and have you had a dealer address it yet? My warranty is up in 3,400 miles and I want to make sure I get little things like this taken care of.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Re: Seat Belts - Damage to Plastic

That thread did not come up in my search. Weird.

Anyway... b post cover, that helps. I plan to bring it in soon. Thanks!! :)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts

There's a Preliminary Information Document on this now, but no fix yet:

#PIT4673: Cut Groove Or Worn Center Pillar Upper Garnish Molding At Seat Belt Opening On Driver And/Or Passenger Side - (Jul 8, 2008)

Subject: Cut Groove or Worn Center Pillar Upper Garnish Molding at Seat Belt Opening on Driver and/or Passenger Side.

Models: 2008 Buick Enclave
2007-2008 GMC Acadia
2007-2008 Saturn Outlook

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
Some customers may comment on a cut, groove or worn belt adjuster bezel on the "B" pillar at the seat belt opening on the driver and/or passenger side.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Do not replace any parts at this time. This is only a cosmetic issue for the bezel and does not affect belt function. Engineering is aware of the concern and is working on a fix. This PI will be updated when more information becomes available.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

So here's a question then. If I take it in and complain, and per that bulletin they do not replace it and the "fix" doesn't come out until AFTER my warranty has expired... then what? Who pays to replace it?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts