GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh man, here we go. My wife and I just put our deposit down and ordered a carbon metallic, black leather interior SLT-1 AWD, with HUD, trailer pkg, 2nd row captain's chairs and block heater (we're Canadians, eh, in the COLD part ;D). It should be here sometime before July.

I've really enjoyed following the various forums over the last while and would like to thank all the participants for helping us make our choice (over the Honda Pilot). We already think we made the right choice.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sounds nice. I like the boldness of the brick interior, but can see how it might be a bit much for many people. The carbon is certainly sharp.

How soon do you expect it to arrive?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealership is estimating 6-8 weeks. Beginning of July is the outside date. I liked the brick interior as well, but it did look bit busy with the black contrasts, chrome and lighter colour (that's how we canucks spell "color") headliner.

Looking forward to delivery. The test drive was great (dealerships sure know how to get people emotionally involved with vehicles).

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
ShawnM said:
I've really enjoyed following the various forums over the last while and would like to thank all the participants for helping us make our choice (over the Honda Pilot). We already think we made the right choice.
Welcome and congrats! Hey, forget the fact that it gets better gas mileage, has more interior room and cargo space, more horsepower and better ride. If nothing else, buying the Acadia will save you from having to throw up a little in your mouth every time you walk into the garage and have to look at the Pilot! ;) hehe

·
Registered
380 Posts
ShawnM
Congrats :cheers: The dark color exterior/interior will do you well in your climate, every bit helps in the winter! Could not handle it down here in Sun Country :eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I think you'll really like the interior. The black leather is different from what I have had in the past, more of a matte black. I am very pleased with it.

Kelly

·
Registered
497 Posts
Shawn, I have carbon with ebony interior (leather) and it's great. Congrats and :welcome:

·
Registered
246 Posts
ShawnM said:
The dealership is estimating 6-8 weeks. Beginning of July is the outside date. I liked the brick interior as well, but it did look bit busy with the black contrasts, chrome and lighter colour (that's how we canucks spell "color") headliner.
Yep. I thought the there were too many colours going on with the brick interior as well. I can see why they went with the
light headliner though. A previous vehicle I had and an ebony headliner and it felt a lot more closed in than with a lighter
coloured headliner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, Acadia4VA-WV. The pictures that you posted really helped us decide on the carbon. Oh, and Adam Boca's. The next two months or so will be rough with the '96 Volvo 850 wagon. As Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part".

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
ShawnM said:
As Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part".
True words! I have every Tom Petty album ever released. ;D

Welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Aha - another fellow Canadian disses the Pilot in favor of Acadia....... :dancing:!

:welcome: I used all the posts here to make my decision too!! Just hoping they (railworkers) can get their acts together soon - my poor Acadia is waiting in some lonely yard for a ride to my dealership (has been there for at least three weeks - just sitting).. :rant:

We went with the White Diamond/Brick as the dealership said it was already "in transit" - which really means it may get here sometime before July....maybe.... :banghead:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was advised today by the dealership that my SLT-1 has been built and shipped to the distribution centre in Windsor, Ontario (just a stone's throw and a bit from Lansing, Michigan). Should be on its way to its new prairie home in no time. It's been about 2 months so far!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We got a call from our salesman tonight that our SLT-1 was on the lot and would be going through prep tomorrow for delivery Thursday. We ate dinner first (had to, to set a good example for the kids), then piled them into our Scooby-doo Forester (rather than the Volvo wagon) to go have a look-see. The dealership was closed, but we did get to do a walkaround and press our faces up against the glass like we were looking into a toy store the day before Christmas. If it drives and proves itself to be as good as it looks, we are going to be happy a long, long time.

·
Registered
405 Posts
GREAT.

CONGRATTS

isn't it great that the waite is over 2 months before you thought it would be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We took delivery on Thursday. The first three days of driving have been great[/color]. The kids love the Acadia, and my wife squeals periodically when she drives it. I really like the drive too. Probably the smoothest, quietest ride of any vehicle I've ever driven. I do notice that the transmission searches a bit, but I think I notice it a bit more because I've read about it so much on these forums and I already had the critical eye almost fully open on that point. That noted, it is quite muted and likely would not be noticed by most drivers or passengers.

The only nit-picky thing I have so far is that the soft plastic border around the windshield seems to have lifted up from the windshield for about 2-3 inches right in the middle of the bottom edge of the windshield. I think some silicon sealant will fix that up in a pinch.

·
Registered
405 Posts
:banana: :clap2: :worthless:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts