GMC Acadia Forum banner

Took the plunge!

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  admin 
#1 ·
Okay, it's a done deal. Placed my order today for the SLT-1, Medium Brown/Brick,Convenience package, rear liftgate, HUD, 8-passenger seating and heated washer. We also looked at the Outlook but Saturn here did not want to budge from MSRP. GMC bottom line was $347 over invoice and I walked away pleased. Now the hard part of waiting begins and I'll be checking weekly for status. Will also be checking in on this great website to gain some insight on what I just purchased.

#4 ·
Sounds great, and as for something you said--Saturn NEVER budges on sticker, aside from separate GM rebates. That's always been their policy...though with the attraction of the new Aura and Outlook, it seems to be striking a lot of the new buyers as odd who never knew about it. That's just how it works, and a lot of people prefer it that way.

Otherwise, nice GMC combo and color.

#5 ·
The sales manager at the Saturn dealership in my area was practically begging me to go with the Outlook vs the Acadia. I told him I had Supplier Discount, which he said they accepted and printed off a pricing sheet to prove it. (It was only about 1600 below MSRP, though, still about dead even with the Acadia pricing, similarly equipped). Basically, there would have been almost no price difference between the two, but I went with the Acadia because it looks better, IMO, and because the GMC brand just makes me feel better than Saturn. (I know this is really not the case anymore, with shared platforms, but I think of Saturn as the cheap end of GM and GMC as the rugged, upper-middle tier GM)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.