GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To summarize the several threads I have here reference buying a Lambda, we were initially looking for a base type to add what we wanted to it. After further discussion, it was determined the the cooled seats along with the second row bench were a must-have, so this narrowed the field to the '09 Acadia SLT2. The upside here is I get the HUD, and I won't have to fool with retrofitting a Nav/camera setup. We were up in the air about the rear DVD, but since our kid is the primary user, they got the choice on that one and elected to go with dealer-added headrest DVDs.

We visited our nearest GMC dealer this afternoon & dealt with a decent salesman- actually the used car manager. I told him what we were looking for & he along with the general manager tried to see about ordering one. Here is my printed wish list that I gave them, along with tentative prices (they do not have option prices either) :
2009 SLT2, Deep Blue / Ebony leather: $37,600
ABC Second row bench: credit -$495
U3R Navigation radio: $1890
PDC: HUD and cargo audio package: $500
KB6: Heated/cooled seats w/ perforated leather: $650
V92: Trailer package: $425
Destination charge: $735
Total with options and destination with supplier pricing: $39,432
Dealer fee $319
Total out the door w/o tax or trade: $39,751

Off the top of my head, I think the only options not on board are HID headlights (no real opinion, but don't see the need for the extra cost), the sunroof (wife doesn't want) and 19" wheels (neither of us want).

UPDATE
I found a pair of new in box GM headrest DVD units for the Acadia on ebay & bought them for $658 shipped (10% off coupon). They are cloth & will have to be recovered in leather.

If the order is accepted, we have to put up a $200 non-refundable deposit since they would not stock this model (acceptable, no surprise since I never found a 2008 model with what we wanted anywhere around here). Price will be subject to any incentives available upon delivery.

My order sheet shows the following w/o prices- W/A is shown where the prices would be, my comments are in parens () :
Model information
Model: TR14526- Acadia FWD

Preferred Equipment Group
PEG: 4SB (SLT2)

Color
25U Deep Blue Metallic

Trim
193: Ebony perforated leather- appointed

Options
ABC: Seating, 8 passenger (credit)
FE9: Federal emissions (no cost option)
KV1: Power outlet (standard equipment)
LLT: 3.6L SIDI V6 (standard equipment)
MY9: 6-speed automatic transmission (matches forward gears with my RX7/BMW/280Z/Trans Am, and my lawn mower, but they don't have a sissy stick;))
PDD: Convenience package (standard equipment)
QD6: Wheel, 17" compact steel- spare (standard equipment)
QT5: Wheel, 18"x7.5" aluminum machined (standard equipment)
TB5: Body, power rear liftgate (standard equipment)
U3R: Audio system with navigation
PCI: Visibility package (should be standard equipment per above)
PDC: Tehnology package (NEW! Technology Package, includes (UV6) head-up display 8) and (RCA) cargo area audio system controls)
V92: Trailering equiupment (option, has HD cooling we wanted)
VK3: Front tag bracket (no cost option)

Now for the hangup- when they input the data, something about a Visibility Package code PCI came up. I looked this up on the option PDF I have, and it is listed as NEW! Visibility Package, includes (UD7) ultrasonic rear parking assist, (UVC) rearview camera system and (DD8) inside rearview mirror with rear camera display

This was done on a program called OrderWORKBENCH.

Since PCI is shown as part of the SLT2 package, I am not sure what the hangup is about other than it is "NEW" for '09 and their computer system is lagging big time. I have to call & check with them on Monday 7-21 to see what is going on with this. The order should be "picked up" next Thursday, and the estimated arrival was anywhere from 6 to 9 weeks.

UPDATE
The PCI package is standard on the SLT-2.
Ordered a pair of Sharp running boards (www.sharpboards.com), they are still giving a forum discount of $10 for a cost of $235 shipped.

Now to change that user name...

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Took the plunge... sort of

After reviewing prices from cars.com, this deal places me about $1400 over invoice. I'm thinking I can do better, so I'm going to shop local dealers and see what they are offering. My local dealer (#1 below) can't tell me if they have an allocation until Thursday, and needs a $200 non-refundable deposit. #2 says they have allocations, and need a $1,500 refundable deposit.

Dealer #1: $39,751.00 (in-person visit, includes $319 dealer fee)
Dealer #2: $39,678.00 (email quote, includes $299.00 documentation fee and $21.00 title fee ??? thought the title was a document)
Dealer #3: $Would not quote. In-person visit with specific model/options (with MSRP prices) on a piece of paper. My questions were price & do you have allocation. Classic lines like "how should we title the vehicle" and maneuvers like 2 visits to the manager's desk before saying that they didn't have 2009 prices (BS flag). Tried to sell a 2008 model. I asked him if he wanted to buy a TV at Sears and they said they could get him one but not how much it would cost, would he buy it? Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Next up, I'm going to shop dealers in larger markets via email & will update on these efforts.

UPDATE 1
Sent "quick quote" email requests to dealers from Tampa to Atlanta containing:
  • Model, year, color, options
  • A request to beat the invoice price of $38,357
  • A question as to if they have allocation to order

So far, one has replied they cannot get pricing, and two tried to sell me 2008 models, although in the free text section of their form, I started out with I am looking to order a 2009 Model[/color] with the following options:.

Brings to mind one of my favorite lines from the movie Payback:
You people aren't listening, it's not 130,000...

UPDATE 2
Several more dealers have responded, the ones that were paying attention have told me they cannot get pricing yet. A couple more (ons ;)) think I want a 2008 model. One gave a very honest reply that they cannot meet the invoice price I quoted (based on cars.com pricing). Only one (#2 above) has answered the question regarding allocation, that they have it.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I have two priced quotes from local dealers. One was an in-person visit and the other via email. How can they do this when every other dealer can't?

I'm also waiting for GM to update their supplier pricing website with the 2009 models so I have another point of reference.

UPDATE 3
One dealer in Atlanta says they can order "at invoice" but didn't answer my question as to selling price. They also don't know what my trade will be worth upon arrival of the new vehicle & I don't want to make a couple of 500 mile round trips @ $4/gallon. Worst case, even if I got the Acadia @ invoice, they could then say our trade was worth $1,500 less than anyone else is offering & I'm back to square one.

One gave a very decent & honest answer that they could not meet the $38,357 price I offered & if I had a quote at that price I should order.

One quoted me MSRP. What a deal. :sosad:

The universal dealer sentiment at this point is that pricing has not been released, so until I know what they are going to sell for and what I can get for my trade in one shot, I'm not going to order.

Incidentally, dealer #1 never called today to advise on allocation. I had already called them to sort out the option/standard equipment stuff earlier in the week, so it was their turn :).
Economic downturn? What economic downturn?

·
Registered
46 Posts

You may have already answered this in another thread, but why are you having the dealer install the DVD after it is delivered? Are you getting the headrest DVDs?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

A lot of threads semi-related are hard to keep track of what was said. I always assume everyone knows what I do, and you know what happens when you assume :).

Since I am a "first rower" I asked the "second row" occupant as to their preference on the DVD. They looked over the choices & decided on the headrest setup. We were initially going to have the dealer do it, but then lucked onto a set in black cloth for $658 shipped. I plan on having them recovered in leather and doing the install myself.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Post #2 updated with latest info. Getting nowhere at a reasonable speed.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

UPDATE 7-29-08

I met with the manager at our local dealer today, who still can't tell me if they have an allocation coming up. I told him a 2009 SLT2 was delivered in Chicago today (bseemore's Acadia), and that his quoted price ($1400 over invoice) was not competitive (bseemore got his for $100 over invoice). He said they would not have a price until it was actually built, and the price could change in 48 hours ???. Anyhow, I canceled my pending order & will try elsewhere.

We tested a couple of 08 Escaldaes with the cooled seats today- one with black leather & one with titanium. After running them for about 10 minutes, I could not tell any difference sitting in the black seat (being real men, it was hard to do, but we did break out the manual and make sure we had the right buttons pushed Cheesy). On the titanium one, I could feel a very slight difference on the unoccupied seat, but again none in the one I was sitting in. BTW, weather was low 90s and overcast.

I also today received an email from a large dealer in Atlanta that they cannot order the cooled seats or the tech package:
The ordering matrix we have will not allow us to order the KB6 seats nor the PDC package.

Someone at GM really needs to get their act together, or maybe we should move to Chicago ;).

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Someone at GM really needs to get their act together, or maybe we should move to Chicago ;).
Eh, Chicago ain't all it's cracked up to be. LOL The dealership I got mine from doesn't have any 2009s in stock yet either, though they have 15 of the 2008s on the lot.

But then again, I've lived in FL in the past and I prefer Chicago. At least the rearview mirror stays attached to my windshield up here (the FL heat baked it right off and I found it on the passenger floorboard. ::) ).

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Web Raven said:
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Eh, Chicago ain't all it's cracked up to be. LOL The dealership I got mine from doesn't have any 2009s in stock yet either, though they have 15 of the 2008s on the lot.
Loved it in The Blues Brothers, Crime Story, Due South, and Payback (at least it looked like Chicago). I'm sure there are a couple more I can't remember right now.

The manager told me today they had sold a couple of 2008 Acadias since we had ordered. They had two on the lot when we visited on 7-18, and today the same two were still there- when I pointed this out, he said the sales were dealer trades for Enclaves.

I should probably discourage you from posting, otherwise I'm going to be out the $100 I have on GAR overtaking you by the end of the month. ;) :) :D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Loved it in The Blues Brothers, Crime Story, Due South, and Payback (at least it looked like Chicago). I'm sure there are a couple more I can't remember right now.

The manager told me today they had sold a couple of 2008 Acadias since we had ordered. They had two on the lot when we visited on 7-18, and today the same two were still there- when I pointed this out, he said the sales were dealer trades for Enclaves.

I should probably discourage you from posting, otherwise I'm going to be out the $100 I have on GAR overtaking you by the end of the month. ;) :) :D
The latest Batman movie was filmed downtown too. I was working down there while they were filming and got to see the old post office turned into the Gotham City bank. It was pretty cool. :)

As for GAR taking the lead, that will probably happen regardless. I just simply don't have THAT much to say that would actually be worthwhile.

BTW... Deep Blue Metallic is an awesome color choice. :thumb: Though if I were to order a new Acadia today, I would go with the Dark Crimson. I *so* love that color. I parked near one the other week at Kohl's and got right up close to take a look at it. My boyfriend thought I was a few sandwiches short of a picnic. lol

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

So if the cooled seats wash out, here is what we're looking at, along with a cost-to-benefit study (all models are FWD) :
Option 1- order a 2009 SLE
Summary for the SLE-1 Front-wheel Drive MSRP / Invoice
Base Price $30,950 / $28,938
Destination $735 / $735
Colors Deep Blue / Black cloth
Options

QD6 17" Compact Steel Spare Wheel $75 / $62 (we're splurging :), plus you have to get it for trailer tow package)
V92 Trailering Equipment $425 / $353
VBS Advanced 2-Way Remote Vehicle Starter $260 / $216 (have to add regular convenience PDD for this)
PDD Convenience Package $275 / $228
PCM Preferred Package $640 / $531
PCI Visibility Package $695 / $577 (buying it for the camera)
* Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist
* Rearview Camera System
UVA Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/MP3 Compatible CD/DVD Player INC INC
U42 Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System $2,055 / $1,706 (buying this for dual zone AC, improved audio, & easier nav install)
* Radio: AM/FM Stereo w/MP3 Compatible CD/DVD Player
* Rear Audio System Controls
* Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control

Total Price $36,110 / $33,346

My SLT2 invoice price with nav was $38,357, so this reflects a savings (invoice to invoice) of $5,011. I can install the nav for under $1,500 since I will have a camera, plus I won't need my DVD headrests recovered if we go with cloth seats. With the lockpick installed, I'll have 4 screens for 3 occupants. Maybe we can rent it out as an alternative to Blockbuster :D. My price below figures a sale price of $100 over invoice.

Cost-to-Benefit analysis compared to above-optioned 2009 SLT2:
PRO-
Saving money (about $3,500, see below)
Cloth seats
Seats match the headrest DVD units I have

CON-
Have to install nav unit & figure out how to make use of camera
Loss of other cool/wanted stuff like HUD ($500), memory seats, etc.

Total estimated cost to equip: $34,946.

Option 2- buy a leftover 2008
This will be impossible to do in Deep Blue, since all the blue/black ones in the SE USA are seven passenger models. The closest thing to what we want is a white SLT1 in Central FL, with an invoice of $35,194. On the downside, it has a sunroof/19" wheels that we don't want. Best case scenario, if we get it for $500 under invoice with the $1750 in incentives we are looking at $32,944 , plus another $1,800+ for the nav/cam setup & $200+ for recovering the headrest DVDs.

PRO-
Saving money (about $3,500, see below)

CON-
Not the desired color
2008 model, lacks improved motor & transmission
Have to install nav unit & camera
Loss of other nice stuff like memory seats, etc.

Total estimated cost to equip: $34,944.

Option 3- 2009 Traverse 1LT
UPDATE, NOT an option thanks to the option gods

Option prices based on Edmunds & Acadia!
2009 Chevrolet Traverse
LT1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
MSRP / Invoice $30,810 / $28,807
Optional Equipment
U3R Touch Screen Navigation Radio w/CD Player $2,355 / $1,955 (OUCH!!!)
U42 Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System $2,055 / $1,706
VBS Advanced 2-Way Remote Vehicle Starter $260 / $216 (EDIT- NOT an option for the 1LT, have to step up to the 2LT. Forget it, for that much $ I'll buy an Acadia with a HUD :))
PDD Convenience Package $275 / $228
V92 Trailering Package $495 / $411
Destination Charge $735 / $735
Total with Options $34,880 / $34,058

PRO-
Saving money (about $4,300, see below)
Cloth seats
Has nav/camera option from factory, no extra install needed
Can use the DVD headrests I already have
Really only a pro for me, but it would be really cool to have an "LT1" (Edmunds term) since that is the engine code for my Trans Am!

CON-
Cannot get the desired color until October (Traverse only issue)
No HUD or memory seats, etc. (SLT2 goodies)

Total estimated cost to equip: $34,158. ($100 over invoice)

Summary
Cost of 2009 SLT2, no add-ons needed: $38,457
Cost of 2009 SLE, w/ nav added: $34,946 (savings of $3,511)
Cost of 2008 SLT1 w/nav/cam/DVD added: $34,944 (savings of $3,513)
Cost of 2009 Traverse 1LT, no add-ons needed: $34,158 (savings of $4,299)

After looking this over the latest update, the SLT2 may be is the best deal IF* I can find a dealer that can order one. :banghead:

* As you can see, that is a pretty big if :D.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Web Raven said:
The latest Batman movie was filmed downtown too. I was working down there while they were filming and got to see the old post office turned into the Gotham City bank. It was pretty cool. :)

As for GAR taking the lead, that will probably happen regardless. I just simply don't have THAT much to say that would actually be worthwhile.

BTW... Deep Blue Metallic is an awesome color choice. :thumb: Though if I were to order a new Acadia today, I would go with the Dark Crimson. I *so* love that color. I parked near one the other week at Kohl's and got right up close to take a look at it. My boyfriend thought I was a few sandwiches short of a picnic. lol
The whole GAR/post count thing is heavy duty tongue in cheek* if anyone has noticed this and has concerns.

I have the same color gene... like the purple/crimson- but it's not my vehicle this time. I got a lot of grief for painting my Datsun Rustoleum Yellow, and "my" 2009 Challenger will be Hemi Orange!

* IMPORTANT: This posting is intended for the use of the individual readers that have taken the time to learn to read proper English and are able to comprehend what has been read. It may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. In the event of your believing any of this, the Secretary will disavow all knowledge of this post if questioned. If you are not the intended reader, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this posting is not authorized (either explicitly or implicitly unless you are Joe Fontana) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the preparation of this posting, although the small dog next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft: However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have read this posting in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites and place it in a warm oven for 40 minutes. Whisk briefly and let it stand for 2 hours before icing.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I've updated the above post with the July 25, 2008 option info for the Traverse. Non-inclusion of the 1LT model for the advanced remote start along with the unobtanium paint takes it out of consideration. Based on his review of the cooled seats in his actual vehicle, this is another point in favor of the SLT2.

I just realized I've been shopping for an Outlook, then Acadia, then Traverse, then Acadia since June 27. We made our decision on the exact model/options as of July 18. Member bseemore, the prestigious owner of the first ordered 2009 model delivered, had ordered his on June 5, before I was even looking, and has in fact obtained a vehicle in Illinois (for a confirmed $100 over invoice BTW) that several Florida/Georgia dealers have said can't be obtained.
:soapbox:
I have a clean trade and money, plus a credit score in the stratosphere (little debt). What is wrong with this picture? :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
* IMPORTANT: This posting is intended for the use of the individual readers that have taken the time to learn to read proper English and are able to comprehend what has been read. It may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. In the event of your believing any of this, the Secretary will disavow all knowledge of this post if questioned. If you are not the intended reader, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this posting is not authorized (either explicitly or implicitly unless you are Joe Fontana) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the preparation of this posting, although the small dog next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft: However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have read this posting in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites and place it in a warm oven for 40 minutes. Whisk briefly and let it stand for 2 hours before icing.
I can't believe I actually read that entire disclaimer. LMFAO Funny. ;D

I actually had to Google "absquatulation " too. ::) Definition: The action of going away suddenly and squatting somewhere; making off, decamping

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Well, a little progress.. if you can call it that.

I emailed dealers in Atlanta & Jacksonville regarding the delivered 2009 in Illinois. Here is the text:
One advantage to the Internet is my ability to research vehicles prior to my purchase, one part of which is talking with the owners and prospective owners. I have learned today that the first 2009 Acadia model (an AWD SLT2 with several non-standard options) has been delivered to a customer in Chicago. He had ordered it in June, and with production starting on 7-21, it apparently didn't take long to build and deliver it. It was sold to him for $100 over invoice (he confirmed the dealer's numbers were the same as are listed on the cars.com website), so there has to be some type of price structure in place for the dealer there to sell the Acadia to the customer. Since I have been unable to order our new vehicle in Florida or Georgia, is this non-pricing situation unique to dealers in the Southeast?

As I have mentioned to other dealers, we can trade our 2001 Dodge Durango immediately since we have another vehicle to use. Accordingly, since we are in the :-X area, I do not want to make more than two trips to facilitate this deal since we already know exactly what we want.

I have detailed pictures of the Dodge online in order for you to make an informed appraisal. Let me know if you would like to review them and I can email the link.

Both replied, the dealer in Atlanta advised:
The other manager and I were looking into ordering the Acadia you specified. You are absolutely right*, GM is producing Acadia's with those options. We actually have some of these vehicles in transit to our dealership right now. For some reason though, the ordering configuration website was not showing us those options. This is probably just a website error. I will look into this further today and get back with you.

*I'm almost always right over 97.3% of the time. :D

I spoke to the manager and they would go $500 over invoice, plus 2x advertising fees of $454.25 each= $900. I'm back at the magic number of $1,400 over invoice, just like my local dealer! I told the manager I would not be interested in it since I could get that price here & not have to burn gas several hundred miles. They said they had to make some money on it, and I asked "On top of your holdback?" and they said yes, on top of the holdback. I got the impression I was not supposed to know about that part. Thank you Edmunds!

Now let us contrast this with their initial response a few days earlier:
The ordering matrix we have will not allow us to order the KB6 seats nor the PDC package. That being said, the price you have of $38357.00 seems to be a reasonable price. I will not tie you up with waiting for GM to release the options you want. Thank you for the opportunity.

Confuseus say, Reasonable to one becomes unreasonable to another when the fees and add-ons start being tacked on.

The Jacksonville dealer said:
Thank you for your email, I appreciate your extensive research you have been doing.

Acadia FWD SLT-2 - 4SB $37,600.00
ABC -495.00
PDC 500.00
U3R 1,890.00
V92 425.00

According to our Inventory Manager KB6 is part of the SLT2 package and must get perforated leather seats, Now if I am missing something please let me know and I will be more than happy to have one built for you so I can get you the most accurate price.

I asked to add the advanced remote start (VBS). So far his prices are retail, not a good sign...

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

As another possibility, I am talking to the dealer that has sold a new Buick & Pontiac to family members in another part of the state. I told him about bseemore's 2009 delivery in Illinois. He also says he can't order the 2009 Acadia. I've given him my order specs & asked if he can do the $100 over invoice. He didn't seem too keen on the idea, and said they have a $299 dealer fee. I impressed on him I was an easy sale, they didn't need to waste time showing me various models, as I had told them exactly what I wanted. He has to check with his general manager & will call back.

I'm going to keep a running tab of what other members are buying for here, to include ALL dealer fees such as advertising. So far, I have three:
bseemore, IL: $100 over invoice. Received wrong wheels (+$1K) but liked them and negotiated price down + mats
GAR (2008 model), MD: $Invoice less any incentives <- I'm sure he achieved this deal based on his post count. :D
twindad, CT:$599 over invoice, includes $299 dealer fee. Locked in price of trade-in at order.

It may be worth a trip (vacation, kill 2 birds w/ one stone) out of state to visit one of these northern dealers to save the money.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
GAR (2008 model), MD: $Invoice less any incentives <- I'm sure he achieved this deal based on his post count. :D
Prices have changed a bit, but I have my details. (and they are not based on my post count :) )
MSRP $38,025.00
Invoice $35,422.00
Incentive $500.00
GM Card $3000.00
Paid $31,922.00

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

I know I didn't get a great deal on my Acadia given what others here have posted in the past, but here it is anyway:

MSRP: $31,185
Invoice: $29,080
Sales Price: $31,585
Incentives: They told me there were no incentives, but knocked $1,000 off the sales price.
Price Paid: $30,585

I'm the first to admit that I'm not one of the "smart" car buyers and I'm certainly no haggler, so it was a given that I'd get raked on the purchase price. :-\ After seeing what people have been able to get an SLT for, I'm jealous. I totally would have liked a couple more options on my Acadia, I just couldn't afford it at the time.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

Don't be jealous. You still got a good deal and a GREAT car!!!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

... and you are still 20 posts ahead with a little over 9 hours to go :). Money can't buy that feeling.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

OK, just heard from dealer in Jacksonville:
We have allocation for 4 Acaida's this week comming, turn around time is 8 to 10 weeks, all that is required is 500.00 deposit, whihc either you can take back or would be deducted when you picked up the vehicle or refunded if the vehicle is not how we said it was.

MSRP is $41,635.00 I will sell it to you for $39,236.14 (Which is Supplier Price), plus tax,tag,fee (Our Dealer fee is only $184.85)

Total price thus $39,420.99 plus tax, less trade (the next issue). Invoice (adjusted for trailer and advanced start) is $38,603.00. The quoted price amounts to $817.99 over invoice. We are getting within the ballpark, to where if I get a decent price for our trade this looks like the way to go.

He sent a second email saying we would get any incentives in place at the delivery as well.

I noted he quoted $70 more for the trailer package over cars.com, so there must have been an increase there.

I adjusted my local quote by $260 to include the advanced remote start, and got $40,011.

EDIT
Just realized he can't spell Acadia either Web, so your co-worker is not alone.

1 - 20 of 184 Posts