GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of this or ever used it for auto repair situation.

I contacted a NJ Lemon Law attorney and they said I could pursue a case with GM via this Act.

·
Super Moderator
22,403 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Re: Magnuson Moss Warranty Act

Specifics as to why you would be following this course of action? Did the dealer refuse to warranty an item based on an aftermarket part or non-dealer servicing?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My vehicle has had numerous visits to the dealer for same ongoing steering issue. The vehicle has exceed the requirements for New Jersey Lemon Law. What comes next? Has anyone encountered this type of situation. I contacted T.V. advertised Lemon Law attorney and they want to pursue Magnuson Moss Warranty Act. I not sure if this is the best suggestion. I am a little uneasy with this Lemon Law attorney which is advertised on television.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

B.T.W. I'm about 1,000 miles before warranty on vehicle expires.
I also have been in contact with GM which is useless.

Moderator edit
Same topics merged into one post.[/color]

·
Registered
47 Posts
I tried one of those " TV attorneys" with no luck. GM denied the claim and he didn't pursue it any further.
Since you are not within the lemon guidelines it might be worth your time to make a claim under the MW Act.
The TV attorneys don't charge you any fees but you are just a file on the desk. A good local attorney would have your best interest in mind but be prepared to pay $5k to $6k.
If I could give any advice to new owners in this forum it would be to report problems with your car as soon as they occur. Even if you think the problem is minor have your dealer document it and if neccessary open a case file with GM customer service. This will be ammunition if you continue to have problems down the road.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't know if I'd bother trying the lemon law thing.

Maybe try a non-dealership service center to see if they can figure out the problem. My experience is that the better mechanics do not work at the dealerships as they can make more money at a smaller service center. Although the next problem is finding a decent service center with a great mechanic.

If all else fails,cut your losses and trade it in on something else. Leave it for the dealerships to figure out

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got screwed by one of those TV attorneys. I reached a settlement with GM, but think I could have done better without him and he scammed me from the beginning. I wont go in to details, but he did not live up to his obligations and I have filed a complaint with the state bar against him.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
cmg27 said:
I have filed a complaint with the state bar against him.
Best thing you could have done in that situation

·
Registered
38 Posts
cruiz2007

I had a lemon law issue in 2001 and obtained a very satisfactory result by calling the firm whose url is listed below. After providing them with the repair documentation, they took the ball and ran with it. The matter was resolved to my satisfaction in a few weeks with no further effort required on my part. If you live in a state serviced by this firm (you do), and your claim is valid, I believe that you should have the same painless success. If you live in another area, I'd follow their suggestion on a legal firm to contact. You will pay NOTHING to the legal firm. Their fees are paid by the manufacturer as part of the settlement. (Actually, since GM will incur additional expenses, if you first contact the firm to confirm the legal appropriateness of your case (info only), then tell GM you want a resolution immediately or you'll take legal action, you might convince GM to act. If they stall you, proceed with the legal action mentioned above.)

Tekwarrior

www.lemonlaw.com

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Nice info to have; thanks for the link

1 - 10 of 10 Posts