GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After plenty of stress, give and take, and bending over....:) Today we pick up our new 2009 SLT-1, Brown on Ebony. Sunroofs, remote start, back up camera, parking assistance, 18" wheels, rear audio, bose.

Getting rid of the worst car ever built, the 2006 Hummer H3. Lease over.

Pics to follow, althought you guys and gals know what they look like! ;D

Sticker: 41,000
Neg. price: 35,600
amount financed at 0% is 38500 after title tax, reg, fees. monthly outlay of $640. Eek.

Better be as great as all you say! ;)

Bob

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
CT - you will love it. Just watch the sunroofs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why?
Hasn't all the leaking issues been ironed out?
Tell me its true!

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
CTAcadia said:
Why?
Hasn't all the leaking issues been ironed out?
Tell me its true!
I can't recall reading of any 09 owners having leak issues. You should be OK.. :thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
amount financed at 0% is 38500 after title tax, reg, fees.

????

Please tell us how you managed to get that much of a discount AND 0%. From all of my research, I don't see anybody getting that much off. I have $2500 in GM Card earnings and still wouldn't come down to your price.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GM Supplier and a stiff upper lip. They need us. Pick a number and stick to your guns.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
fdefulvio said:
amount financed at 0% is 38500 after title tax, reg, fees.

????

Please tell us how you managed to get that much of a discount AND 0%. From all of my research, I don't see anybody getting that much off. I have $2500 in GM Card earnings and still wouldn't come down to your price.
I think the color may have contributed to this deal; not many like medium brown; CT likes it and he was in the right place at the right time; good deal :thumb:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I don't believe the sunroof design has been changed so I would watch it carefully. I've had no issues with my 08 but it seems to be a widespread problem.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mikemu said:
I don't believe the sunroof design has been changed so I would watch it carefully. I've had no issues with my 08 but it seems to be a widespread problem.
For what it's worth; the leak is not as prevalent in late build 08's and 09's; I do know of an 09 Enclave that leaked

·
Registered
370 Posts
mikemu said:
Not saying there wasn't a design issue, but wasn't part of the problem that a drainage tube not getting connected properly at the factory? And I believe it was isolated to 07 and some early 08 productions models. IMO it's silly to warn people about the 09 sunroof.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Issue according to GM was that the drainage tubes were not long enough - but there are numerous leaks even after the recall service was performed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
???

Mikemu, are you trying to drip on my parade? J/k...I'll make sure the recall, connections have been inspected or completed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Holy cow - congrats on the deal and the new vehicle!

That's a huge deal; dealers in my area won't touch anything near 10% off MSRP, let alone 14-15%; which is why I'm still searching - I've walked away from a number of them already

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
CT - hopefully no drips at all but best to be aware there could be an issue. You'll love cruising the Merritt with the new ride - I do it frequesntly to visit children in college up your way.

·
Super Moderator
22,560 Posts
Hey folks, I don't have sunroof leaks, shifting issues, HVAC problems or anything else like that with my '07. The only thing I ever griped about is a 6-disk cd changer that doesn't automatically advance toi the next cd. And that subject got snubbed in this forum and discarded as picayune.

I learned how to deal effectively with the new technology in this vehicle and thoroughly enjoy driving the Acadia in the mountains, across the plains, in the rain, through the snow and so on!

It seems that too many of you wouldn't enjoy ANY vehicle you bought, regardless of price or manufacturer. You just like to ***** for the sake of bitching.

My advice to you? Join the lemmings and get the hell out of the human gene pool!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
speleos said:
Hey folks, I don't have sunroof leaks, shifting issues, HVAC problems or anything else like that with my '07. The only thing I ever griped about is a 6-disk cd changer that doesn't automatically advance toi the next cd. And that subject got snubbed in this forum and discarded as picayune.

I learned how to deal effectively with the new technology in this vehicle and thoroughly enjoy driving the Acadia in the mountains, across the plains, in the rain, through the snow and so on!

It seems that too many of you wouldn't enjoy ANY vehicle you bought, regardless of price or manufacturer. You just like to ***** for the sake of bitching.

My advice to you? Join the lemmings and get the hell out of the human gene pool!
:jaw:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Back on topic... CT congrats & good luck! I'll be watchin' for ya somewhere in CT.

-fellow Acadia owner in CT ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,560 Posts
Here, Here! CT. I hope you're as satisfied with your Acadia as I am with mine!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I am 100% ! :thumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where in CT? We are in Simsbury! Maybe we should have an Acadia GTG? :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts