GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is he blowing smoke & mirrors? This was on a 39 month lease deal. Please comment.

This was a dealer in N.W. Indiana.So basically he was saying " nothing less than MSRP" I asked about Invoice, he laughed. He projected that people were actually standing in line for the Acadia's and that other dealers will not trade or barter to get the Acadia that you really want. Whereas you must pick off their lot as "they are going quick" Does this suck or what? Thanks. :angryfire: Am I in RUSSIA?

·
Registered
284 Posts
In many places still, yes. Not everywhere, as supply has settled out, but there are a few places where they are still in rather short supply. That doesn't mean all dealers are still holding to sticker (few are), but a handful clearly still do--because they can.

Same situation for the dealer swapping, which when a vehicle is hot, other dealers aren't as inclined to give up one they have to another dealer...because it's highly probable they can just sell it themselves in little time.

Another reason why so many people (especially here) are ordering and getting nicely discounted prices wherever they find them, and getting exactly what they want at the right price with just a little wait.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think you must be in Russia! :) If you read through most of the threads here, you'll find that most of us have gotten our Acadia's somewhere very close to invoice. Some have gotten below invoice and some have gotten slightly above.

Having said that I think that SoiXie had a bit of a similar experience when starting his shopping experience somewhere in Indiana as well. I'm not sure where he is in relation to you, but have a look at his thread about his buying experience: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2820.0

Good luck to you and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am in Indianapolis, and I bought mine from a dealer in Martinsville (S. of Indy about 30 miles or so). Told then I wanted one fully loaded in either Brown or Carbon. They could only find 1 - and it was up in Schereville (your neck of the woods, if I'm not mistaken). Anway, I picked up mine mid Jan (12/17 build date) and they gave me 4k off sticker. I found the Enclave to have orders backed up, but there were plenty of Acadia's in Indy. They just weren't willing to give them up, but they were dealing on them. Not sure if the have gotten that hot in the last 30 to 45 days, but I rather doubt it. I would look a little further from home. Good luck.

·
Registered
812 Posts
62maxx hang in there for a while im still waiting from my salesguy for his response regarding the incentives that you ask for (check your PM).

can you tell me what model you want as well as the options? i might try to ask for a price in your behalf, if its ok with you.... and what dealer did you go to? :thumb:

·
Registered
217 Posts
From the Wall Street Journal, Feb. 25.
The Enclave and Acadia, as of Jan. 31, had inventories of 41 days and 51 days, respectively. The average Enclave is off the dealer lot in just 15 days at an average transaction price of $38,479, according to data from the Power Information Network. The Acadia average turnover time was 30 days at $34,926.

Meanwhile, however, GM is passing up potential Enclave and Acadia sales because the factory that builds those two vehicles has also spent time building Outlooks that sit unsold on dealer lots. As of Jan. 31, 10,690 Saturn Outlooks -- 138 days worth -- were waiting for buyers.
[/color]

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well, we can't argue the sales history. I'm still waiting for this supposed lagging / struggling economy to catch up with the Acadia dealers at large. I'm hoping that (perhaps with wrong intentions?) that a soft economy will result in some extra incentives, or at least some more room to negotiate. Maybe Santa Barbara is perceived to be too affluent to afford discounts to the "average Joe" like me. Our local dealer seems to always have 4 or 5 Acadias on his lot, and maybe one sells every month or two. But, 80% of his inventory is just sitting - some of them for 3-5 months at a time. I would think that they would be more interested in moving the inventory - even at a discount - than passing on a sale.[/color]

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am going to order mine between now and the April 4th cutoff, the assembly line is cranking out Acadias with a 4-8 week delivery time. I am holding off a few more weeks before I order because I think GM will position better incentives towards the close of the 2008 model year.

Even if Acadias are selling like hot cakes, GM has other products collecting dust...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I will be purchasing a new Acadia later this spring... prolly late April/early May time frame. We were thinking about ordering one just like we want it... but we decided roll the dice and try to purchase one off the lot w/ the intention of being able to negotiate on it a bit more. We've looked at Tom Wood GMC on the East side of Indy.. and they had a few on the lot.. also looked at Dellen GMC/Buick/Chev/Pont in Greenfield, IN (where I live) and they seem to go through at least one a week.. but still have 6+ on the lot... But only one Enclave on the same lot. Went down to the Saturn of Greenwood,IN dealership to check out the Outlooks to see if we even liked them as well... and they must have had 15+ on their lot total.

On Jan 31st we went into one dealership to "look" at one and we told them we were "just looking" and weren't purchasing till later this spring. And they were willing to deal trying to make #'s for the end of the month. So if you're looking for a deal.. make your purchase at the end of the month.

Wife still wants a Red Jewel SLT-2 FWD...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SioXie said:
62maxx hang in there for a while im still waiting from my salesguy for his response regarding the incentives that you ask for (check your PM).

can you tell me what model you want as well as the options? i might try to ask for a price in your behalf, if its ok with you.... and what dealer did you go to? :thumb:
SioXie Looking for a Carbon Flash or Red Jewel, ebony leather ,AWD, SLT 4SA, 8-pass,(will accept a 7 pass, but not really wanting to) Conv. pkg., & fact. trailer pkg. opting for a 39/mo. lease, 17K/yr, no money down. Went to Circle in Schererville, Didn't make it to Community yet.

·
Registered
207 Posts
What is interesting to me is the invoice pricing difference across markets. For some reason the invoice pricing in WA is higher than CA or at least it was different on my specific car by $600. It was the EXACT same vehicle. I wanted the car in CA so I paid a small part of the transfer charge to get it to me here but it was still much cheaper than if I special ordered here in WA. I did very little haggling since I did it under the GM supplier program + rebates so the only issue was my trade which I felt was fair otherwise I would have just sold it myself.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Interesting comment on 138 days worth of Outlooks. Every time I've gone near a Saturn dealer I run out when they refuse to negotiate at all-realize that is how they are structured, but sounds like this comparison to Enclaves and Acadia sales is "proof in the pudding" :confused:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I think this depends on the dealer and who you are talking with. My salesman tells me that he will sell me any car, at any time, for flat dealer invoice minus any incentives. I agree that the Acadias are selling well as they don't keep them on the lot for long. I decided to buy mine in April 2007. I could not find one I wanted in inventory for several months, so in June I ordered a 2008 exactly as I wanted. In September I took deliver of my 2008 at invoice price - $3000 from my GM credit card earnings - $500 that the service department gave me.

If I lived in your area where they are being hard nosed about it, I would be willing to give them a little bit over invoice (maybe $200 or so), but I would keep looking if I did not get a good price if I were you.

·
Registered
812 Posts
62Maxx said:
SioXie said:
SioXie Looking for a Carbon Flash or Red Jewel, ebony leather ,AWD, SLT 4SA, 8-pass,(will accept a 7 pass, but not really wanting to) Conv. pkg., & fact. trailer pkg. opting for a 39/mo. lease, 17K/yr, no money down. Went to Circle in Schererville, Didn't make it to Community yet.
We experience exactly the same b*lls*it at the same dealership.... cant believe these freakin arrogant guys there continue to abuse the Acadia success. one of these days somebody ought to ram their front door. Once again, if your shopping for an Acadia in NWI dont ever go to Circle GMC in Schereville! POS dealership!!!! :angryfire:

check your PM 62maxx.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Smooth,
I got a great deal on our Acadia at Hughes in SB. I was a little snarky/firm/matter of fact because I knew so much more about the Acadia then they did thanks to this forum, and called and ask for the sales manager (Jeremy Rodekuhr (pron. Rode-uh-kur). I told him (on the phone) that this is what I was looking for, and this is what I would pay for it. I didn't want to go south to Ventura or LA, but I would if I had to, to get the price I needed. I was willing to buy it in the next few days, so what could they do?? He was great (they were a little "slick salesman-y", but I stuck to my guns) and only when the price was right did he see me in person. They count on you falling in love on the lot and paying whatever.

With incentives, we got about $1500 UNDER INVOICE--- I even had a GM Friends and Family Discount that I never used because it was about $1000 over invoice. Good Luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow! Thanks to all & more posts about this . I really appreciate it. This is just a fantastic site! I'll keep shopping!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've read -- but have not witnessed that while you Saturn does not budge on the price -- you can
negotiate rediculous values for trade-ins and dealer add-ons (assuming one would want them).

I'm looking at an Arcadia -- but if I was looking at the Saturn -- I'd look into this further.

m

·
Registered
57 Posts
ARCADIA: A rare breed of GMCs you drive by joystick and gobble up kiddos and throw them in the back
before you run out of time and have to plunk down (lots of) quarters to fill the gas tank back up.

:)

m

·
Registered
31 Posts
well i bought mine for 500 over invoice, but i got a very basic SLE, however it was not on the lot they had it delivered, The dealer ate the delivery fee and w/ rebates and dealer cash that is the price i got it for, so i financed invoice b/c all i put down was 500..... the lot here only had 3 and they were all loaded SLT-1's and SLT-2's, which i think most dealers are willing to work on those prices for the dvd players and the nav b/c they know that crap is overpriced.......... besides my salesperson and her manager recommended that we get after market from their service shop b/c it would save us money........ i really don't think that would be a good choice but it was an option

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.