GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Acadia (07) is going into the shop tomorrow. We've been having an acceleration issue. When we step on the gas, nothing happens! It will eventually pick up and go but it sure is creates an "oh sh*t" moment when you are trying to pull out in busy intersection and nothing happens. We had the transmission flashed in March and I might ask them if they can flash it back. Since the flash we've been getting horrible gas mileage around town, down from 18 or 19 to 16. I'll post back what I find out tomorrow. Hopefully whatever it is can be fixed in one day.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
rme8494 said:
Our Acadia (07) is going into the shop tomorrow. We've been having an acceleration issue. When we step on the gas, nothing happens! It will eventually pick up and go but it sure is creates an "oh sh*t" moment when you are trying to pull out in busy intersection and nothing happens. We had the transmission flashed in March and I might ask them if they can flash it back. Since the flash we've been getting horrible gas mileage around town, down from 18 or 19 to 16. I'll post back what I find out tomorrow. Hopefully whatever it is can be fixed in one day.

Ryan
Was that the flash from October 2007? That's the one that jacked up my Acadia. When you bring it in, have them give you the update from May 8th, that should address the issues you're having, though I don't think it'll do much for your MPG.

I'm bringing mine in on Monday for this most recent update. *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
164 Posts
One thing I have noticed with electronic throttle control (ETC) is that flooring the gas pedal yields a delay. If you push the pedal down half way and then continue to press down, the acceleration is better.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
scotted73 said:
One thing I have noticed with electronic throttle control (ETC) is that flooring the gas pedal yields a delay. If you push the pedal down half way and then continue to press down, the acceleration is better.
But how often are you actually conscious of doing that? I find that I'm driving along, I push the pedal down to accelerate and get nothing, then as I continue to push it, all of a sudden the RPMs are through the roof and it bolts forward. Not exactly how I'd like my vehicle to behave. *shrugs*

·
Registered
164 Posts
Every morning when I pull out of my neighborhood. I've gotten use to it and so am more aware of it. Sort of like getting use to ABS pulsation.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Web Raven said:
scotted73 said:
But how often are you actually conscious of doing that? I find that I'm driving along, I push the pedal down to accelerate and get nothing, then as I continue to push it, all of a sudden the RPMs are through the roof and it bolts forward. Not exactly how I'd like my vehicle to behave. *shrugs*
This is what we're noticing... pushing down, nothing, pushing down more you get jolted forward. I believe the flash I got was from October 2007. I guessing they will give that new flash, though I'm not excited about the MPG drop some people are seeing. I guess I'll find out. Going to get the oil changed and tires rotated while I am there too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rme8494 said:

Ryan
Car is in the shop. They said they'd hook it up to the computer to see if it is returning any codes. Russ, the person I dropped it off to, said it sounded like it was probably having issues on the down shifting. We'll see!

On a side note Russ is pretty cool. I dropped the car off at 7:00am and needed a ride to the train station. Well the dealership van didn't leave until 7:45am. After my paper work was completed he took me to the train station himself! Saved me about 45 mins, thanks Russ!

Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Well I dropped off my Acadia this morning at the dealership. My usual service guy was busy, so I ended up with someone else. I told him that I wanted the latest transmission update and for them to fix my squeaky brake pedal.

He pulls up my account on the computer and says to me that it looks like I’ve already had the latest update to my transmission. I said that was the one from October 2007 and that I wanted the one from May 8th. He cops an attitude with me (or at least I thought so) and said “Oh, I bet you’re one of those bulletin board people…” WTF? Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. So he asks me for the date again on the new update and then had me wait a freaking hour for the rental car people.

And, since he started it, I brought up how the last update caused a vibration throughout my entire vehicle at 45mph that both the dealer and GM considered a normal operating condition. He says to me that it *was* considered a normal operating condition until or unless they came out with a new update. I said “Well they have, it’s dated May 8th.” And I kindly told him that the “normal” vibration was NOT there prior to the October update either. Take that. A woman standing next to me was looking at us wide-eyed. ;D

RAWR.

Next time I go to the dealership, I think I’ll wait for my usual service tech to help me. He’s always understanding and takes the time to talk with me about the problems I’m having.

This guy didn’t tell me when it’d be done. I’m hopeful I can pick it up tonight since the rental Equinox I’m driving seems to have AC that’s on the fritz. It won’t turn on, the light just keeps blinking at me and going off.

·
Registered
812 Posts
RAWR[/color] ---> :rofl: way to go WebRaven!!!

this post made my day.... hope it got your Acadia fixed!! Good luck on the Equinox though... ;D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
They just called to tell me it was all fixed. I guess I'll know for sure when I go to pick it up. Though the only thing I'll be able to immediately test there is the brake pedal. The transmission will have to wait until I leave and get it out on the road. I so hope that it's all better now. :)

BTW... glad I could be a source of amusement today. heh But you don't wanna be around me when I'm all RAWR. :p

·
Registered
152 Posts
Thanks and keep us posted :cheers:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good my car back from the shop on Monday after taking it in for the transmission issue and for an oil change/tire rotation. They told me they thought they had fixed the transmission issue by tighting the "control unit" on the transmission. Got on the free way and went to make a pass and the same issue happened. Stepped on the gas (for what I'm guessing would have been a downshift) and nothing happened.

I let my wife drive it for a couple days and she verified that the issue still existed, plus we were still seeing 14.7 mpg. Took it back to the dealership yesterday and they ended up doing the new transmission flash that has been talked about here. Similar to Web Raven my dealership had no idea that there was a new flash. They had to download it to their system. Seems like they'd have an update that was a month old. Anyway we where told to wait 100 to 500 miles while the transmission learned how we drove before we could tell if the issue was fixed. Kinda crazy that a transmission adapts to how we drive or at least how my wife drives. I bet I throw that thing off each time I get in :)

But on a plus note I got 2 free car washes out of the deal.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Huh... they didn't say anything to me about it adapting. But then again, my invoice didn't have a TSB on it either. However, it's obvious that something was done to it because of the way the transmission is now responding. While not 100% happy with the results, I am MUCH more pleased with it now than I was before.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Web Raven said:
Huh... they didn't say anything to me about it adapting. But then again, my invoice didn't have a TSB on it either. However, it's obvious that something was done to it because of the way the transmission is now responding. While not 100% happy with the results, I am MUCH more pleased with it now than I was before.
good to hear about that WebRaven, finally a light on the horizon..... :thumb:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Our Acadia seems to be doing better as well. It's been about 100 miles since our update the tranny is running fine. Gas mileage seems to be getting better too.. up from the 14s into the 15s. Still not good though.. we'll keep our eye on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts