GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Questions for ya'll...When I go fill up, I reset my Trip A and Trip B along with the Gas used. So, the question is, do you reset the Miles per gallon used or leave it?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
It stopped keeping track on mine when it got to 99.9 gallons used.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Reset it every time. I keep my running avg. mpg on my PC in spreadsheet form.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I'm talking about the Average miles per gallon, not the gallons used

bonk1313 said:
It stopped keeping track on mine when it got to 99.9 gallons used.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I reset it each time. For example, I towed with mine 2 weeks ago, mpg were different. If I didn't reset, it would have pulled my 19.5 mpg down, but at a much slower rate than knowing what my towing mpg was. I reset everything every time I fill up.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I only reset mine at the top of long hills so I can see that 70 mpg. :)

Actually, I reset mine when I fill up just before a trip so I can see how it does on a long haul. Then after the trip, I reset it again for my normal driving. That way, I can see how it does on trips, and during the normal day to day use.

Also, I quit checking my mpg manually. After checking it manually for the first 5000 miles, and seeing that it was always within 1% of what the DIC said, I decided to quit checking it manually.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm guessing others have done this...sometimes, just for kicks, I reset the DIC and try to see if I can keep it at 25mpg on the way home from work, near where the gas station is located. I'll go real easy on the gas, float it down the hill, etc. Amazing that I can get about 25 mpg when I'm real light on the pedal, about 19.5 when I'm driving like I usually do.

1/2 highway, 1/2 35 mph road from work to home:

25 mpg - On my best "light foot"
22 mpg - When I drive fairly light
19.5 - Regular driving/occasional warm up the Acadia (snow, etc.)
16.5 - Towing one snowmobile
13.5 - Towing two snowmobiles

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Cravenfan - AWD or FWD?

·
Registered
381 Posts
MPG chasing was something I did on my 2000 expedition.

It is what it is...

I'll probably reset prior to long trips, but I'll probably ask myself why, and not have an answer...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I used to track it, now that I have the SLT's full DIC in my SLE... I just don't care. That's what the display is for.

Everything I do to monitor the system I do for one reason; so that I always can "guestimate" how far / how much / etc at almost any tank level.

I reset the consumption reading at fill up (just to see how close it is to the pump reading), and usually reset the fuel economy reading either on long trips or if I'm going to be around town a lot. I always zero one trip at fill up.

Close #'s to Craven's:

Best highway: 27 MPG (light foot, no passing, at or slightly below the limit, flat terrain, single occupant, no A/C, empty load, 1/4 tank of fuel)
Average highway: 21-23 (hilly, passing, speedlimit or slightly over)
Worst highway: 19 (very aggressive, very hilly, lots of passing of slow rec vehicles)

Best city: 18 (summer, after 1st oil change and driving for almost 2 hours straight doing the "scenic route")
Average city: 15-17
Worst city: 12-13 (same as average, except remote start every morning for almost 2 full cycles due to the cold)

·
Registered
263 Posts
GAR said:
I only reset mine at the top of long hills so I can see that 70 mpg. :)

Actually, I reset mine when I fill up just before a trip so I can see how it does on a long haul. Then after the trip, I reset it again for my normal driving. That way, I can see how it does on trips, and during the normal day to day use.

Also, I quit checking my mpg manually. After checking it manually for the first 5000 miles, and seeing that it was always within 1% of what the DIC said, I decided to quit checking it manually.
:rofl: I just got that GAR...very funny. What a good plan. :thumb: "I only reset mine at the top of long hills so I can see that 70 mpg." :) I think I'll do that too!!

Glad to see some of us can have fun and be silly as well as being informative! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
403 Posts
AWD... :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts