GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a two year old and I hope to have another baby this year, hence the reason for moving up to the Acadia. I initially was very determined to get titanium leather, but now that I'm thinking about it, I'm wondering if I should go with titanium cloth instead. I've never owned a car with leather before and the cloth seats in my old car have held up pretty well with the toddler, so I'm wondering if it's worth the extra $ to get the leather when little ones are involved.

Any thoughts/opinions/experiences/jokes/anecdotes would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think the leather is just in the front seats if that makes a difference. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
The leather is on all seating surfaces (all rows).

Leather can hold up very well if properly cared for, and is easier to clean than cloth. Basically, you wipe up any spills (which don't soak in nearly as quickly as with cloth), and apply conditioner a couple of times a year (I know I will hear from someone here saying more is necessary, but I've found that is sufficient ::)). The only real issue is avoiding punctures and cuts, but I've not found that to be an issue (with the exception of dog's nails; my recommendation would be different for anyone with a large dog, if it is allowed on the seats).

Personally, I would go back to cloth only very reluctantly.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Leather all the way for me. Easier to keep clean and as you get older it is easier to get in and out of. And don't forget the heated seats you get with leather. I do wish the Acadia offered a tan version of the leather or a darker gray...titanium is mighty close to white.

·
Registered
119 Posts
kjf said:
The leather is on all seating surfaces (all rows).
Double checked the gmc website...

"Leather appointed first and second-row seating (standard on SLT)"

So, yes, more than just the front seats as I thought. Thanks, Kelly.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've had leather in my cars since 1997 and I will never own another car without it! My kids are 8 & 6. In my opinion it is much easier to wipe stuff off leather than to try to clean cloth seats!

Go for the leather!

·
Registered
492 Posts
intrigueme said:
I've had leather in my cars since 1997 and I will never own another car without it! My kids are 8 & 6. In my opinion it is much easier to wipe stuff off leather than to try to clean cloth seats!

Go for the leather!
I agree. Our 2 year old grandaughter threw up (barfed) :puke: all over the captain chair today :eek: A few squirts of windex cleaned everything up easy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have 2 young kids and I've always had leather. It's much easier to clean up. Well worth the extra $$$. The only thing I'm not particularly thrilled about with the Acadia is the dark carpet (which is in all Acadia's.) I ordered ebony so it would hide dirt but you can see every speck that's not black on this carpet. I think it shows more on this carpet and on the tan interior in my Tahoe.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Acustk5 said:
"Leather appointed first and second-row seating (standard on SLT)"
I don't understand why it sys this on the GMC website. All three rows have leather seats, I have no idea what GMC.com thinks the third row is covered with...

·
Registered
200 Posts
I don't understand why it sys this on the GMC website. All three rows have leather seats, I have no idea what GMC.com thinks the third row is covered with...
Vinyl?

It's common practice in the furniture industry to have leather on all "seating surfaces" that your body touches, and to match it with vinyl on the back and outer side panels. Just a thought...

·
Registered
159 Posts
The third row seat is probably vinyl. Thats what our third row seat in our Suburban is.

·
Registered
306 Posts
GMC web site says:

Seat trim, leather-appointed seating on first and second rows [/color]

Which means 3rd row does not have leather seating.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Really? I think that the MDX (and my TL too) use vinyl in parts of the front and second row seats as wel. One of my least favorite aspects of the car.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
david123 said:
Really? I think that the MDX (and my TL too) use vinyl in parts of the front and second row seats as wel. One of my least favorite aspects of the car.
Sorry I wasn't clearer. All of the surfaces on the third row of my MDX are vinyl. In addition, non-seating surfaces (sides, fronts, etc.) of the first and second row seats are vinyl. My MDX is a 2002. In later years Acura began to use more leather, but even then there was a substantial amount of vinyl. I don't know about the redesigned 2007 MDXs.

Kelly

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to stick with my original thought and go for the leather. Now, I have to find one with the features I want -- not an easy task!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I just went out an closely inspected the Acadia. If that back seat is vinyl, they did a tremendous job of hiding it. It looks, smells and feels just like the first two rows, right down to the stitching and pattern...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts