·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What innovative ways have you come up with to
(1) store a pack of tissues or
(2) store a small trash container
in your Acadia?
The console just isn't that convenient -- slide back the armrest, open the console, lift out the tray -- finally you can get a tissue or throw one away. But on the other hand, I don't want to "ugly up" the inside either!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I too would love to hear some ideas!

??? I haven't thought of any - other than the drivers door for trash.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Can't a travel pack size of tissues fit inside the upper dash compartment or in the door panel? As for the trash, the only thing I could come up with that would be convenient and unsightly, would be to find a small tupperware or plastic storage container small enough to fit into the center console area. I'm thinking something that is just small enough that the upper lip of the container would rest similar to how the tray works. You'd have to give up the tray all together and then you eliminate one step in the process. So grab your tissue, do your business, silde open the console door, and drop it in. Depending on how far up your armrest is, you may not even have to slide it back to access.

Or here is another thought. Isn't there a plastic area near the bottom edge of the front seats where the fabric ends and the plastic starts(it's too late to run out to mine and look)...anyway if so get a little plastic kids locker bin, or other plastic file folder bin like product. A couple of hooks or other way to attach it to the front edge of the seat and voila, a trash bin. Drop the tissue betwen your legs to the trash bin and remove and empty as needed. Tissue pack might be able to be secured to the headliner side of the sunvisor. Look up to grab a tissue, look down to throw it out (Disclaimer: Do not attempt any of this while actually driving. Stop light/parked activity only!) :thumb:

·
Registered
403 Posts
A small box of tissues does fit in the glove box, or there are also those pocket sized tissues that are overwrapped in plastic. I have a cig. lighter garbage bag hanging off the rear of the arm rest console, between the front seats, where the a/c plug in is. I just close the plastic cover on it. When I have trash, I just reach back and throw it in. I don't have to see it (however my passengers in the second row do).

·
Registered
51 Posts
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=21416

I have my litter bag hanging on the back of the passenger seat (hooked onto the elastic cord). I can reach and put stuff in there, and it is accessible to the kids as well. I have given 3 of these as gifts and they are HUGE hits! She also makes tissue covers as well, though we just keep ours in the driver console.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I found the coolest trash can on ebay, it has a base that is removeable and the trash 'can' just sits inside of it inbetween the back seats, obviously I have captains chairs in the back. The trash 'can' is removeable for dumping or line it with plastic just like in your home, and it looks fine too. It is black just like my carpet. I don't know if you can still find them on ebay, but just search for auto trash containers or something like that. :thumb:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Those litter bags are neat. Will have to order one...When I first read it, I read it as Cat Litter bag and thought...ohhh gross why would someone use a bag like that for cat litter. LOL. Guess I'm not awake :binky:

·
Registered
108 Posts
In each door pocket I have mini tissue packs, hand sanitizer and a newspaper bag for trash, It works for us. No food or drinks allowed in my car so we don't use the silly cupholders in the doors.
Lee

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I just got one of these from target called the THULE LITTER BIN for $17.99, I only put the link up to show you what it is. Pretty nice and easy, has storage in the bin to hold extra bags for liners. Also elastic side pockets to hold small travel kleenex and a flash light.
Loops over the passenger headrest.

oops forgot the link, here ya go

http://cgi.ebay.com/THULE-Litter-Bi...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
41 Posts
dbacker8 said:
What innovative ways have you come up with to
(1) store a pack of tissues or
(2) store a small trash container
in your Acadia?
The console just isn't that convenient -- slide back the armrest, open the console, lift out the tray -- finally you can get a tissue or throw one away. But on the other hand, I don't want to "ugly up" the inside either!
There's always this for tissues:

http://www.blujay.com/item/Tempo-Car-Visor-Tissues-Refills-Holder-2020400-1378529

Not sure where you'd get it off the net. Maybe Target? Walmart?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got black mesh metal pencil holders from Walmart that fits right tight in the driver/passenger door drink holder and works just dandy...keeps all the little things (and if you push hard the bigger ones) from floating around. There are (I think) 12 drink holders in the truck, so using two or so makes sense to me!

Tissues, you can get a flat box and put them in the in-dash thing. I found the sunglasses get too hot in there and frankly I forget it is there most of the time b/c I am not used to it.

I took the change holder out of the console immediately and threw it away. Other than that I just forget where I put things b/c there are too many places!

Just lovin every aspect of this truck and am thankful every day of this wicked winter that GM made such a sure-footed vehicle...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lots of good ideas! I'll keep the mesh pencil cup idea in mind when I do a shopping excursion at Ikea tomorrow -- I'll let everyone know if I find something cool. In the meantime... keep the ideas coming!

·
Registered
812 Posts
what ideas? i just throw em out the window!!!! ;D jas 4 laffs!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have one of the flat rectangle kleenex boxes under the passenger front seat. It wouldn't fit under the seat from the front, so you have to access it from the back. So if I am driving, I can reach behind the passenger side front seat (arm reaches through arm rest area) to grab it. It is accessible and isn't "junking" up the cabin anywhere. That's all the creativity I've go for this!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
"I have my litter bag hanging on the back of the passenger seat (hooked onto the elastic cord). I can reach and put stuff in there, and it is accessible to the kids as well. I have given 3 of these as gifts and they are HUGE hits! She also makes tissue covers as well, though we just keep ours in the driver console."

Thank you ARWMOMMY, for your suggestion and what a selection to choose from. My wife would like which ones? Have it booked marked right now for decision making process. Things like this will make it feel it is MORE her vehicle, which IT IS!!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
apples said:
Those litter bags are neat. Will have to order one...When I first read it, I read it as Cat Litter bag and thought...ohhh gross why would someone use a bag like that for cat litter. LOL. Guess I'm not awake :binky:
ME TOO...totally thought it said "cat litter" Then I thought maybe the material had cats on it... trust me I was thinking way too much...lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
FYI Walmart sells tissues in what looks like a coffee cup with a lid. Kinda like those clorox wipes except for your nose. They come in lots a pretty colors...sorry guys...cool colors. I think I will get a litter bag to hang on the back of the seat too. Maybe my kids will even learn how to use it.. :angel:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes, I have this thing in my car...along the lines you're describing I think KA?

It's great, but takes up a cup holder. I'm never satisfied. ;D

·
Registered
263 Posts
Traclavelook said:
Yes, I have this thing in my car...along the lines you're describing I think KA?

It's great, but takes up a cup holder. I'm never satisfied. ;D
You could always purchase a vent cup holder...it clips right to you vent. No lost cup holder...TA DA! And if you put your air on HIGH you won't even have to reach for a tissue...it will blow one right in your face. Totally automatic! Sorry...just being silly. :confused: Yes, Traclavelook, that's simular to what I was talking about. Walmart sells a cheaper version of that. I like that one better. Gotta find it in red. Also looks as if you can refill it too. :thumb:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I like to store my trash out the window. It is very convenient because it's a 1 step process, I put it out the window and then I don't even have to transfer it to a trashcan cause it's already in the trashcan.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts