GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Acadia that currently has 255 X 55R X 20" tires on it that need replacing. I have a buddy who has some factory takeoffs with very little miles on them & he will let me have them very cheap...the snag is, the'yre 265 X 60R X 20....will they fit ok or not at all? Please advise....

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'd pass.
Your tires are 31.04" OD
His tires are 32.52" OD
That's 1 1/2" larger.
If they were 265/55 I'd say proceed.

·
Super Moderator
19,085 Posts
Your vehicle's actual speed will be 5% higher than that shown on the speedometer.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have a 2017 Acadia that currently has 255 X 55R X 20" tires on it that need replacing. I have a buddy who has some factory takeoffs with very little miles on them & he will let me have them very cheap...the snag is, the'yre 265 X 60R X 20....will they fit ok or not at all? Please advise....
Yes . . . really don't want to go that much larger.
They would likely rub somewhere and also affect ride quality and handling as well.

·
Registered
165 Posts
What about a 255 X 45 X 20 ? I have actually located some more in this size that are Factory take offs or would that be too small?
You can use the tire size comparison here: Tire Size Calculator

Among other things it will show you circumference/diameter differences and well as speedometer errors resulting from different sizes. With the smaller tire at a minimum your highway mileage will suffer because you'll have more tire revolutions per mile.

·
Super Moderator
19,085 Posts
What about a 255 X 45 X 20 ? I have actually located some more in this size that are Factory take offs or would that be too small?
Your vehicle's actual speed will be 6% lower than that shown on the speedometer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is your 2017 a Denali? They came with 235/55-20, not 255/55-20. If you indeed have 255s, you’re already running taller and wider than stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not a Denali no sir, but it did come that way from the dealership, we purchased off the showroom floor in 2017...we have been the only owners of this car. I was thinking that too, that it was supposed to be a 235....so I was confused also...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Not a Denali no sir, but it did come that way from the dealership, we purchased off the showroom floor in 2017...we have been the only owners of this car. I was thinking that too, that it was supposed to be a 235....so I was confused also...
Good catch by bxd20.
If you bought the car new, the dealer likely put on bigger tires in the hope of easier sales. In theory you should be putting on 235 or 245 55's

·
Registered
626 Posts
Likely, wheels may have been swapped out or perhaps they were a factory option when the Acadia was ordered? ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts