GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this size tire as a replacement for the factory 255/65R18? The 265/65R18 in BFG AT is about 0.5 inches wider and 0.6 inches taller than the factory tires acording to MFG specs.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I have not tried it but I think it is very unlikely to clear the inner radius of the strut. If you look in at the point where the very inner edge of the tire tread clears up against the curved radius of the spring perch, you will see that there is very, very little clearance for a tire that is either taller or wider. On mine that clearance is less that a quarter inch. I have noticed that there does seem to be some production variance, as on other Acadias I have seen on the dealer lot, there is a bit more clearance, but I would be very careful.

·
Registered
88 Posts
.6" in height is only .3" difference on top/bottom of tire.. and .5" in width is only .25" on each side.

I bet you could get them to fit if you tried hard enough... might need some spacers... only one way to find out for sure...Gotta test fit it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Is the 265 M/S rated? What about speed, temp, and traction?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO
(On-/Off Road All-Terrain)

Size: 265/65R18
Serv. Desc: 122/119R Load Index 122 = 3368lbs (1531kg) per tire
Load Index 119 = 3074lbs (1397kg) per tire
Speed Rating “R” = 106mph (170kph) Load Rating E

They are also M/S rated, my experence with these tires are on fullsize trucks, these are 50K mile tires easy.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I am a bit slow at times, so bear with me.

I would understand wanting to replace the 19s if you got the Goodyear Eagle RS-A as they are one of the worst rated tires out there, but why would you want to replace the factory 18s as they are one of the best rated tires in the class and they came with the car. I think GM must have realized the Goodyear Eagle RS-A is such a bad tire as I see Lambdas now with the Michelin Latitude Tour 19s and that is a very good tire too.

So why the change of the 18s? What did I miss?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
And that is good enough!! Enjoy!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: Tires 255/65R18

Am curious---Can someone tell me the outside diameter (O.D) of the stock Acadia tire. :help:
I know there's a formula to figure it out, but, I guess I'm too lazy to look it up.

Thanks in advance.

Bob :cheers:

·
Registered
217 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks like it's 31.1".

Thanks to both of you. :thumb: :thumb:

Bob :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts