GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have less than 23,000 miles on my Acadia and have noticed that its time for tires, at least the front set. The tires are worn evenly and they have been kept at the proper inflation.
Has anyone had the same problem.......has this issue been addressed before..........is there a thread that could be of help ??????

Also, is there a place to get a "deal" on our unique size tire (255/65/18) ?????

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Hesh

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
The tires should have been rotated... IE moving the front to the rear.. and the rear to the front. This is something that should be done every 5000 to 10,000 miles.. so that they wear evenly.

·
Registered
662 Posts
18,800 on mine, rotated every 6,000... and they look pretty good. :thumb:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Has anyone on here put enough miles on their Acadia that they have had to replace their tires yet? I am curious as to how many miles I can realisticly expect on a set of these tires.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have 27,000+ on mine and just had them rotated. Dealer said I have more miles to go. If you do decide to replace, I just replaced the back tires on my husband's G at $400 a tire and asked about tires for the Acadia. I went to Discount Tires and they said that the 18 inch were running about $180 a tire! Boy was I happy!!! Five years ago when I went to replace the Volvo they were over $200.

I am sooo happy! Cheaper tires over both the G and the Volvo AND cheaper gas!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have the 19's...I have 28,000 miles on them and at this mileage rate I will get thru the rest of summer and fall...but I've already started researching the Michelin's (from the enclave) so we have some good tread to get us safely thru the winter.

The goodyears have been fine tires...I'm considering the Michelin's to see if I can improve anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have 25,700 miles on Acadia and tires are in need of replacement. Rotated every 7500 miles. Have not checked into pricing other than dealer who quoted $960.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
susan6947 said:
We have 25,700 miles on Acadia and tires are in need of replacement. Rotated every 7500 miles. Have not checked into pricing other than dealer who quoted $960.
18's or 19's?

·
Registered
395 Posts
susan6947 said:
If they are truly worn out, they should be replaced under the 36K warranty. The Goodyear treadlife on the 18's is 60K miles- worst case should be less than 1/2 of that figure.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I have 32,900 miles on my Acadia (I thought I had more than that, LOL) and I don't *think* I need new tires. I haven't checked. Now you're making me want to go run out to the parking garage and look. :-\ I've had them rotated pretty regularly. I'll have to check it out tonight and see if they are wearing unusually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
loach said:
susan6947 said:
18's or 19's?
Tires are 18's. Tire tread is at about 1/16th inch across entire tire. All 4 tires show same amount of wear and the wear is even. I was somewhat surprised at how quickly they wore. I will talk to dealer about "why" they would wear so quickly. Will look to locate a replacement 18" with better wear characteristics (maybe a slightly harder compound????)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Dealer just called. My Acadia has 31k miles and I need all four tires. I asked about the 60k and he said they were worn and that was that. That the 60k warranty was for a problem, not wear. I also asked how my tires could be fine when they were rotated 3,000 miles ago and now not. The service advisor said, "well, I was the one who noticed they were balding, the tech guy was doing something else and said, oh yeah those are looking bad." Doesn't give my a lot of confidence in the dealership service.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Here is a Hankook tire in the stock size for $142 plus $124 shipping (across the USA to FL) for a total of just under $700 for 4. While not a well known brand, I put a set of these on our former Durango and was pleased with them. The 17" size I got had a higher speed rating than others as well. I didn't see a rating on these off the bat.

There are a bunch on ebay as well. You can often happen onto a good deal there if you have some other prices to compare. Looks like the Goodyears are $784 for four @ Discount Tire Direct w/ free shipping. Figure on another $80 for mount/balance/stems locally.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
FYI- I just called Goodyear about their warranty. They will pay half of my tires because half of the miles were used. If any of you are getting less than 60,000 they will prorate the amount charged. Now I have to get ahold of the dealer and have him put my old tires back on. (Goodyear has their own service dealers they want you to take the car to.)

WHAT A PAIN!! Shouldn't the dealer be aware of this? He was giving my a "deal" on the tires because they came off of a new Acadia who's owner wanted 22" wheels. His "deal" was $225 a tire!!

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
We've got just over 15K miles on our Acadia and we might have another 10K miles in the tires before they need to be replaced. 60K miles my @**. I'll have to remember to contact Goodyear first and not the dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
mckcab said:
FYI- I just called Goodyear about their warranty. They will pay half of my tires because half of the miles were used. If any of you are getting less than 60,000 they will prorate the amount charged. Now I have to get ahold of the dealer and have him put my old tires back on. (Goodyear has their own service dealers they want you to take the car to.)

WHAT A PAIN!! Shouldn't the dealer be aware of this? He was giving my a "deal" on the tires because they came off of a new Acadia who's owner wanted 22" wheels. His "deal" was $225 a tire!!
Watch the Humphrey Bogart movie We're No Angels sometime. There is a scene where he is acting as a clothing salesman and selling a guy a jacket. It is obviously too small, but one of his sidekicks tells the other that Bogey is "Good at getting people to buy things they don't need for more than they want to pay."

This fails to be funny in real life. $225 a tire is outrageous!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts