GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Acadia SLT FWD with the factory 255/60/R19 tires. I can't seem to find any good used tires in that size here in NE. Ohio. I have found several nice sets sized 255/50/R19 and in 275/55/R19. Has anyone run these sizes? THANKS!!!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
It's always best to stay with the factory size tires for a number of reasons. Larger may rub when turning and throw the speedometer reading off and on the low side.
Going a bit smaller . .. like the 255/50/R19 would generally not have any fitting issue, but again, the speedometer reading would indicate you were going a bit faster than your actual road speed.

Also, in any case, the steering and handling may be affected and monitored, plus wheel alignment may need attention.

If you must, going to the 255 would be probably the better.

·
Registered
423 Posts
@1steven: This is the site I like to use:

I'd go with the 275/55/19's. Negligible difference in diameter. The 255/50/19's are only 29" diameter! That's too much of a difference ... AND they're smaller! If you had to go one way or the other (bigger or smaller), I'd go bigger ... (but only up to, say, 1% maximum) ... so that your odometer and speedometer are understated instead of overstated. When it's overstated (with the smaller wheels), you're putting more (phantom) miles on the car!

Plus, the smaller wheels will wear faster.

And, yeah ... the 275/55/19's are technically smaller, but only by 0.3%! That's only 3 miles overstated for every 1000 driven, and only a fraction of a mph at 75 mph.

They are almost 1" wider ... but that's less than 1/2" to either side and shouldn't be a problem ...

Wheel Automotive tire Light Product Tread

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I'd go with the 275/55/19's. Negligible difference in diameter. The 255/50/19's are only 29" diameter! That's too much of a difference ... AND they're smaller! If you had to go one way or the other (bigger or smaller), I'd go bigger ... (but only up to, say, 1% maximum) ... so that your odometer and speedometer are understated instead of overstated. When it's overstated (with the smaller wheels), you're putting more (phantom) miles on the car!

And, yeah ... the 275/55/19's are technically smaller, but only by 0.3%! That's only 3 miles overstated for every 1000 driven, and only a fraction of a mph at 75 mph.

They are almost 1" wider ... but that's less than 1/2" to either side and shouldn't be a problem ...

View attachment 12175
That's the direction I was leaning after doing some research. Thanks for the reply!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

View attachment 12175
My research has come to the same conclusion. THANKS for taking the time to reply!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's always best to stay with the factory size tires for a number of reasons. Larger may rub when turning and throw the speedometer reading off and on the low side.
Going a bit smaller . .. like the 255/50/R19 would generally not have any fitting issue, but again, the speedometer reading would indicate you were going a bit faster than your actual road speed.

Also, in any case, the steering and handling may be affected and monitored, plus wheel alignment may need attention.

If you must, going to the 255 would be probably the better.
I think the 50's are too big a difference in size and going with the 275 are much closer. Appreciate you taking the time to respond.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I think the 50's are too big a difference in size and going with the 275 are much closer. Appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Correct.
The width of the 275 is considerable also. It is is somewhat wider I think if I read the tire chart correctly. But there may be room without tire rub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts