GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 slt-2 acadia that I got back at the end of May. I was wondering when is a good mileage to rotate the tires? I have the 19 inch rims.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think the service recommendation in the manual is every 5000 Miles.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Snoguy said:
I think the service recommendation in the manual is every 5000 Miles.
I use Mobil 1 and change oil at every 6000 miles, so I also do tire rotation at that time. It's my opinion that most people don't rotate until the tires are showing wear. I bet if the tires are rotated regularly at an interval between 5-10K that it will be OK.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I used to have my tired rotated every other oil change, but that was when I was regularly having it changed every 3,000 miles.

With the Acadia, mostly to save $$, I've been getting the oil changed only when the vehicle tells me it's time to do so. The intervals have been greater than 3,000 miles definitely, probably more like 8,000 miles, so I've been having the tires rotated at each oil change.

Which reminds me, it's nearly time to bring it in again... bleh. Where do the miles go??

·
Registered
395 Posts
Web Raven said:
With the Acadia, mostly to save $$, I've been getting the oil changed only when the vehicle tells me it's time to do so. The intervals have been greater than 3,000 miles definitely, probably more like 8,000 miles.
I also just did 8K (26% remaining) & 10K (13% remaining) oil change intervals. I had the oil analysis done and found out that maybe those are a little too long, especially for a relatively new engine that is still breaking in. I posted the results in the "Oil Analysis, not good" thread if you are interested.

As far as rotation, Discount Tire recommends every 7500 miles, which is what I have done so far.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
jseck2 said:
Web Raven said:
With the Acadia, mostly to save $$, I've been getting the oil changed only when the vehicle tells me it's time to do so. The intervals have been greater than 3,000 miles definitely, probably more like 8,000 miles.
I also just did 8K (26% remaining) & 10K (13% remaining) oil change intervals. I had the oil analysis done and found out that maybe those are a little too long, especially for a relatively new engine that is still breaking in. I posted the results in the "Oil Analysis, not good" thread if you are interested.

As far as rotation, Discount Tire recommends every 7500 miles, which is what I have done so far.
My engine already has over 33,000 miles on it, I hope it's broken in by now. LOL Having said that, and given the oil change pattern that I've already been doing, it's a little too late to worry about. *shrugs*

Currently I'm at 36% oil life. I plan on bringing it in soon for other things, so I will probably have the oil changed and the tires rotated at that time.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i got the lube for life for $400 can .... changed oil last weekend with 2,800km and this weekend i will be embarking a 5,000 km roadtrip. the service manager said to change oil again as soon as i am back, and also for the tire rotation. i'm using mobil 1.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts