GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’m due for a new set it tires. I will be occasionally towing a 4000lbs boat and drive a 2016 sle AWD. Are there certain tires that would be better? I can’t really find much online about it which leads me to believe it’s not a big deal and it’s more important to get a tire that will perform well. I was looking at the Michelin Defender LTX, but they are more expensive and wasn’t sure if It was worth it. Figured I’d ask though. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I'd think as long as the load rating is at or higher than needed, the tires are of good quality, and you have a suitable tread pattern for the environment you'll encounter... good to go.

Reactions: Meat0707

·
Super Moderator
21,312 Posts
Tires with specs which meet, or exceed the ratings of those originally installed on the vehicle will suffice. That info should be on a label affixed to the driver's door or door jamb.

Reactions: Meat0707

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tires with specs which meet, or exceed the ratings of those originally installed on the vehicle will suffice. That info should be on a label affixed to the driver's door or door jamb.
I never thought of that. That makes it easy. Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I tow a travel trailer at close to the max GCVWR with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Good traction and they take the load really well. Tread is holding up well at ~40,000 miles thus far. I feel confident towing with them. Haven't yanked anything out of the water on a wet ramp, but they've seen plenty of ice, snow, and rain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts