GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...hope someone has a quick answer on this topic. I have the 19" wheels
and tires on my Acadia. When I picked it up, it had 40 psi all the way around.
I reduced to 35 psi (inside door label) and ride is much softer. Anyone know
the recommended tire pressure?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Satimage said:
Hi...hope someone has a quick answer on this topic. I have the 19" wheels
and tires on my Acadia. When I picked it up, it had 40 psi all the way around.
I reduced to 35 psi (inside door label) and ride is much softer. Anyone know
the recommended tire pressure?
look at the door label ???

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't have my Acadia yet...

But I'm wondering if the "door label" tire pressure reccomendation is specific for the 18" vs the 19" wheels. Jus curious for those that have the 18" wheels what their's says and for those with the 19" wheels what their's says.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The label on driver's door should be what's recommended for your car - with whatever tires you have. I have the 19" tires and the label says 35psi. The tires are rated for 44psi (I believe). I generally tweak the pressure up a little from the recommended - MPG is usually better, and part of me says the tires last longer.

Manufacturers will often lowball the pressure for the sake of a more comfortable ride. Remember the Explorer/Firestone fiasco? I recall the recommended pressure on those was something like 26psi. Yes, the ride be a little harsher with a higher pressure, but I don't mind a little extra roadfeel when driving.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Just looked at the label on my SLT-2 w/19s. 35 front, 35 rear, 60 spare. The label is specific to what's on the vehicle, both tire size and wheel size; not generic to Acadia.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I know if you go too high you get a warning on the DIC

·
Registered
259 Posts
Or too low for that matter. With the temps dropping down in the 40s the past few days down here, my tire pressure went down to 29psi and I got the tire light and message that read "check front tire pressure". Now that it's warmed back up, the tires are back around 32psi and the message and light on the dash have cleared.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts