GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've never had tires this big, so i'm a little unsure of what pressure to run in them. my dic is showing that they currently have 37-38 when cold, and goes up to 39 when on the road. this is the pressure as delivered. what is everyone running in the 19's?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mine read 37-41 and are always within 1 psi all the way around. This is what it was delevered with.

The door sticker says 35psi, tire sidewall says 44 psi max.

I'm going to leave them as is for MPG.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One should always go by the door sticker. This figure of 35psi is what will give you the ride, performance, gas mileage and everything the manufacture claims. If you diverge from that setting your vehicle will not perform as intended. Many cars are delivered with a much higher PSI setting from the factories and should have been brought down to the sticker setting by your dealer before deliver to the customer.

So please go by the sticker. If anything you can set is 2 psi higher in order to leave some room for air to escape over time. This is also the reason people are switching to Nitrogen in their tires. The Nitrogen does not escape over time but more specifically should not expand with heat, so you pressure should be more stable.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
But don't forget that tthe tire pressure monitor is set to display an alert when the PSI varies from the predetermined amount.

Is that set at 37 or 35?

My VW goes off when it strays around 4 psi.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Also remember that heat and elevation (increase) will cause pressure to increase.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mine are over the 35 on the door, but the ride seems very good even at 38. i may try a few more just to see (mpg is important).

on my g35, i started with 33 and used a bicycle pump to add 1 psi every week until i felt like the tires were too firm. i topped out at about 36, which improved my mpg quite a bit. i may try the same with the acadia.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts