GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to have the "tire pressure monitoring system" light turned off without having to actually fix a broken sensor?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
ajumper1 said:
Is there a way to have the "tire pressure monitoring system" light turned off without having to actually fix a broken sensor?

Thanks in advance for any tips!
Probably not as it is safety feature that I belive is Govt mandated on utility vehicles to warn of tire pressure malfunctions... How did it get damaged?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I figured. I believe it was broken by the tire installer. We have to take the Acadia back to them a second time so they can pull the tires and check. We took it back up there the time we noticed the light and they said they reprogrammed them. Light came back on within a few miles. I thought there may be a way to turn off the light. I check tire pressure often! I gre up having to do it and don't see much reason for them, except for issues like this and for lazy people!

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
ajumper1 said:
That's what I figured. I believe it was broken by the tire installer. We have to take the Acadia back to them a second time so they can pull the tires and check. We took it back up there the time we noticed the light and they said they reprogrammed them. Light came back on within a few miles. I thought there may be a way to turn off the light. I check tire pressure often! I gre up having to do it and don't see much reason for them, except for issues like this and for lazy people!
Did you try and relearn them yourself?
What message are you getting?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't done anything myself.
Its the wife's truck so i don't know exactly what the light reads, but I think it says, "Service Tire Monitor System"

"

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
ajumper1 said:
I haven't done anything myself.
Its the wife's truck so i don't know exactly what the light reads, but I think it says, "Service Tire Monitor System"

"
I would get into the owner's manual and the steps to relearn tire positions is in there; but after the tire installer fixes anything they may have damaged :banghead:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well after I got them on the phoneb after the first trip she made back there, I got them to acknowledge that they broke one. They said they fixed it and then relearned the positions and the light disappeared. But when she got home, she notice the light. They are telling us that when it left the shop, no light was on, but they are willing to take a second look. Just a pain to go back up there and have it done again, especially for something I really am not depending on anyways.

I will try the manual for the relearn process tonight just to see if it might work. Thanks for all your input!!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
ajumper1 said:
Well after I got them on the phoneb after the first trip she made back there, I got them to acknowledge that they broke one. They said they fixed it and then relearned the positions and the light disappeared. But when she got home, she notice the light. They are telling us that when it left the shop, no light was on, but they are willing to take a second look. Just a pain to go back up there and have it done again, especially for something I really am not depending on anyways.

I will try the manual for the relearn process tonight just to see if it might work. Thanks for all your input!!
This seems questionable; if they broke the sensor then they had some extra sensors laying around? Seems suspicious to me, but then again I am always that way if someone else works on the Acadia. The manual instructions are straight forward; let us know how things turn out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys-

Just wanted to inform you that last night I read thru the manuel and followed the procedure for relearning tires. Everything went smooth. Ran down to the corner station to reinflate tires to proper pressure and whamo...lights turned off and so far so good.

I won't get into why the tire installer couldn't do the same thing. :angryfire:

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction!

Cheers!
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
ajumper1 said:
Guys-

Just wanted to inform you that last night I read thru the manuel and followed the procedure for relearning tires. Everything went smooth. Ran down to the corner station to reinflate tires to proper pressure and whamo...lights turned off and so far so good.

I won't get into why the tire installer couldn't do the same thing. :angryfire:

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction!

Cheers!
:cheers:

Hey glad to hear it worked for you.
Welcome to the forum and be sure to stick around. You will find more helpful and handy information on here. Be sure to update your profile information with your location, and signature with vehicle details.... :cheers:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts