GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, the drivers front read 26 pounds, by rush hour it was down to 23. I put air in and the monitor would not move off 23. I manually checked it and had it up to 40 pounds. I had to let some air out. Could this indicate a malfunction of the monitoring system?

Have not been here on a regular basis for a while (been frustrated from all the water leaks and bad mpg) but I would like to say hi to everyone.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Sounds like the sensor, but from your other post you have bigger problems than tire pressure :-X

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the fast reply, I will call dealer and ask

I should stop griping, the end is near. The next one, if its an Acadia, will NOT have a sunroof, thats for sure, that money would have been better spent on memory seats since my darn wife is always changing my settings. The next one will. I am looking hard at another Acadia or Outlook. Acadia has the edge because I like the looks better. The Enclave is in the running but GMC MSRP is a little more flexible the Buick. The Traverse is out for now, not sure I like the exterior looks.

I will most likely get a different color this time also. Thinking about Red Jewel or one of the Whites.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Go for White Diamond Tricoat; the money for the sunroof could pay the extra for the paint; plus we have enough Red Jewel members here ;D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did your tires get rotated, and the sensors not reset. Could you have gotten the wrong tire because of that?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
biggs4040 said:
Did your tires get rotated, and the sensors not reset. Could you have gotten the wrong tire because of that?
That is my bet... Check the other pressures on the DIC.. if they are going up instead of the one you think should be you may need to relearn your sensors....

BETTER YET.... Relearn the sensors then see if it works.... if not contact the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
TPMS reset instructions from another post.
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=5274.msg66409#msg66409
jsimms said:
Here's what the 07 manual says:

The TPMS sensor matching process is outlined
below:
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON with the
engine off.
3. Using the DIC, press the vehicle information
button until the PRESS V TO RELEARN TIRE
POSITIONS message displays. If your vehicle
does not have the DIC buttons, press the trip
odometer reset stem located on the instrument
panel cluster until the RELEARN TIRE
POSITIONS message displays.
4. If your vehicle has the DIC buttons, press the
set/reset button. The horn sounds twice to
indicate the TPMS receiver is ready, and the
TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message
displays. If your vehicle does not have the
DIC buttons, press and hold the trip odometer
reset stem until the horn chirps twice and
the TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE message
is displayed.
5. Start with the driver side front tire. The driver
side front turn signal lamp is on.
6. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem.
Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing
or decreasing the tire’s air pressure for
five seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds.
The horn chirp, which may take up to
30 seconds to sound, confirms that the sensor
identification code has been matched to this
tire and wheel position.
7. Proceed to the passenger side front tire.
The passenger side front turn signal lamp is on.
Repeat the procedure in Step 6.
8. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire.
The passenger side rear turn signal lamp is on.
Repeat the procedure in Step 6.
9. Proceed to the driver side rear tire. The driver
side rear turn signal lamp is on. Repeat the
procedure in Step 6. Instead of a single horn
chirp a double horn chirp signals the TPMS
sensor has been matched to this tire and wheel
position and the matching process is no longer
active.
10. Turn the ignition switch to OFF.
11. Set all four tires to the recommended air
pressure level as indicated on the Tire and
Loading Information label.
12. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When they had it for the last water leak. I had asked them to rotate the tires. It was not on the service invoice when i picked the car up so i thought they forgot. They must have not forgot because the front and back readings are reversed and opposite one another. I had as nail in the rear dirvers but had been checking the front drivers because of the DIC. Got the nail hole patched, now I just need to reset the system. When I take it in for them to fix the seatbelts they broke, I will make them do the reset, since I know in my head which tire pressure the DIC is showing.

Thanks for all the replies and the instructions for the reset.

I will be out of this mess of an 08 in less the 30 days and will get an 09, but I still have to have things corrected when I turn it in with nothing more then normal wear and tear. If they want to try and charge me for damage done by GMC service, I.E. grease on headliner, broken seatbelts ratchets, wrong tire pressure settings, etc, we will have a problem, otherwise hopefully all goes smoothly and the 09 works out better.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
PhillyBill said:
When they had it for the last water leak. I had asked them to rotate the tires. It was not on the service invoice when i picked the car up so i thought they forgot. They must have not forgot because the front and back readings are reversed and opposite one another. I had as nail in the rear dirvers but had been checking the front drivers because of the DIC. Got the nail hole patched, now I just need to reset the system. When I take it in for them to fix the seatbelts they broke, I will make them do the reset, since I know in my head which tire pressure the DIC is showing.

Thanks for all the replies and the instructions for the reset.

I will be out of this mess of an 08 in less the 30 days and will get an 09, but I still have to have things corrected when I turn it in with nothing more then normal wear and tear. If they want to try and charge me for damage done by GMC service, I.E. grease on headliner, broken seatbelts ratchets, wrong tire pressure settings, etc, we will have a problem, otherwise hopefully all goes smoothly and the 09 works out better.
I don't think it could be any worse :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts