GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read through all the other posts in this section to make sure noone had already posted on this, but didn't see anything...
Anyone else have a problem with the tire pressure readout in the driver information area?
Ours had been telling us that the driver's front tire was low and when my husband went and put air in it, it stopped working altogether and now just tells us that it needs to be serviced. Also, for what it's worth, we checked the tires with an actual pressure guage and it was WAY off (more than the pound or two that I would expect)!!
We had the tires rotated at the recommended time, (couple months ago) could it be that the service department just didn't reclaibrate the tire locations? I've had the problem that they never reset the oil life.
Gonna call tomorrow to set up to have it looked at, but it's a real pain to get to the dealership because this is one of my "busy seasons" at work.
In general though, we LOVE our Acadia!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
When he added air, did he let out some? In order to reset the tire moniters you need to let a certain amount out before you fill it up. If he did, can't help you,it may be a trip to the dealer. :sosad:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Double check your manual. Its pretty easy to reset the guages. You either add or release air for about 5 sec. The car follows a very specific order for resetting - I think its drivers front, passanger front, passanger rear, etc. the blinkers will blink only on that side to let you know which wheel to work on. If that doesn't do it, they ya, call the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts