GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I read here that brick is gone for 2010. too bad. My 08 brown Acadia has the brick leather interior and we get so many compliments on it. My 09 gold mist unit has ebony and its nice but the brick is the bomb I tell you. You have to see the brick it in person to appreciate it. It looks like an expensive upgraded leather interior. I am very glad that we have it. When I got my 09, my dealer was trying to locate a summit white with brick interior for me in WI or MN but no luck. I really like like my ebony leather but it is no match for the brick. Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
156 Posts
timmy3 said:
Hi,

I read here that brick is gone for 2010. too bad. My 08 brown Acadia has the brick leather interior and we get so many compliments on it. My 09 gold mist unit has ebony and its nice but the brick is the bomb I tell you. You have to see the brick it in person to appreciate it. It looks like an expensive upgraded leather interior. I am very glad that we have it. When I got my 09, my dealer was trying to locate a summit white with brick interior for me in WI or MN but no luck. I really like like my ebony leather but it is no match for the brick. Thanks, Tim
Tim,
Yeah, we have the brick and it's the same thing. I don't think anyone has been lukewarm about it that has seen it. In fact like you said everybody loves it.. But the dealers think THEY know best, and by and large rarely ever order the brick to stock.. They just like to push everyone into generic, basic colors. No offense to those with the titanium or the ebony. It's a shame that this has most likely caused the brick to be discontinued... I had to special order mine.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
alphadog1 said:
Tim,
Yeah, we have the brick and it's the same thing. I don't think anyone has been lukewarm about it that has seen it. In fact like you said everybody loves it.. But the dealers think THEY know best, and by and large rarely ever order the brick to stock.. They just like to push everyone into generic, basic colors. No offense to those with the titanium or the ebony. It's a shame that this has most likely caused the brick to be discontinued... I had to special order mine.
Sales drove that color in extinction; if people don't buy it; then the few that have it are left with something special

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
When I went to look at the Acadia for the first time, they had my car (thought it was going to be mine) is the show room. Carbon Black Met/ Brick interior. I wanted it when I saw it. The salesman told me are you sure about the interior color? They sent it to us by mistake! I flat out told him I wanted the Acadia as is!. By the time I went home and got the wife to bring her back to see it (35 minutes later) they sold it to another couple. I asked where it went and my ex salesperson said it was being detailed. I was so happy "Until" he said "For that couple over there!" (insert southpark phrase) YOU B$%^&$#! So I took the wife to the detail shop hopped into the Acadia checked it out. Came back into the showroom blew past my ex salesperson and had the dealership owners son order me a CBMA with BRICK interior! I told him if he mentioned anything about the interior he would have to deduct his commission off the price of the Acadia.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Indeed, Brick leather looks very upscale - special ordered my 2009 Acadia with Brick leather & Quicksilver exterior. I love it - everyone compliments it! 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
jsimms said:
Sales drove that color in extinction; if people don't buy it; then the few that have it are left with something special
You are right, sales drove it to extinction.. When dealers have a predisposed opinion as to what "they" think people will buy, and in turn only order in 1 in 10 or 20 vehicles with the brick and then that will cause the color to go away. Our dealer here in town rarely ever got one in with that interior, but when they did, the sold fast. Think about it, a buyer going onto a lot can only buy what is there, unless he special orders and most won't do that. It never really had a chance unless it was ordered in equal quantities, but that didn't happen.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Its an interesting color and I am quite glad that I ordered it. Its also interesting to note that it is an interior color that's becoming more and more common in expensive German and Italian vehicles these days. I'm seeing it particularly more often in newer BMWs. How is it that the GMC buyers have killed it while it grows in popularity elsewhere, I wonder.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'll tell you how. You can thank the dealers, not necesarily GMC. The GMC customers by and large were not offered the color as it was rarely ordered by the dealers. The vehicle's at dealerships don't just show up, they are ordered, by over cautious conservative bean counter types looking for the path of least resistance to a $ale. But you are right, it is a color that is becoming more common in upscale luxury and sports cars.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
alphadog1 said:
I'll tell you how. You can thank the dealers, not necesarily GMC. The GMC customers by and large were not offered the color as it was rarely ordered by the dealers. The vehicle's at dealerships don't just show up, they are ordered, by over cautious conservative bean counter types looking for the path of least resistance to a $ale. But you are right, it is a color that is becoming more common in upscale luxury and sports cars.
But that's all driven by sales. I assure you lots of brick interior Acadias just sat on the lots unsold. Any rational business person would react the same way - stop putting them in inventory.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi,

It is a circular argument about the sales/none on the lot deal. My sales guy searched 3 states for a SLT2 last month and no luck. Hard to beleive that of all the Acadias in WI,MN,IA none on the lots had brick but they didnt. I am just glad I have it on my 08. I always thought I was special!

Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I saw my Acadia's color combination BLK/Brick in a Saturn Aurora three years ago in North Carolina. As soon as I saw it in the Acadia it was mine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had to pay an additional $1200 to have my Acadia transported from Vancouver to Montreal. I really wanted the Brick interior, and my wife absolutely wanted the Diamond White which was discontinued. She also wanted the 2nd row to be a bench. So I searched dealers' inventory online from coast to coast in Canada, postal code by postal code, and realized that dealers in Quebec and British Columbia where only dealers with "some" brick interior. So, $1200 later, only 1 in Canada, had car shipped to Montreal, and my dealer keeps reminding me, "after 30 years in business, first time I ever had to do that far of a deal". Plus, my dealer had to trade 2 Enclaves to get this 1 Acadia.

When I was shopping around, the brick was nowhere to be seen at the GM dealers, so I could not compare, except for a 1"x1" square of the brick color on the Acadia brochure or GM's online website, which my first reaction was, "YUCK!". What really convinced me, my brother went shopping for a Hyundai suv, and they had a 360 degree interior view on the Hyundai website, with the Brick interior. From that moment, I was sold on BRICK interior.

As everyone else said, I got lots and lots of compliments with the Brick, I mean LOTS!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Money well spent, GMC no longer has the brick interior so that means our cars are highly collectible! At least that's what I say!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
bucyluca said:
I had to pay an additional $1200 to have my Acadia transported from Vancouver to Montreal...
That's the way to go to get exactly what you want under some circumstances. We drove from Florida to Iowa to get a supercharged Bonneville SSEi in 2000 since it was the right color scheme & equipment (we visited friends on the way back). Earlier this year I paid a similar amount to have a rare '91 Dodge Daytona shipped from Kullifornia to here.

Good job on the shopping & way to persevere! :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Fiance wanted an Acadia so bad. I was ok with the choice of brand and model... But when I saw the Acadia at the dealership in person and with those brick leather seats and white exterior I stood amazed on how beautiful that interior looked.

I'm a proud owner and love driving it when ever I get a chance.

I have owned Mitsubishi, Nissan, Dodge, Honda, Ford, and the one I traded in my Audi, but this has been the best looking and comfortable car I've owed so far.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
prreggae said:
My Fiance wanted an Acadia so bad. I was ok with the choice of brand and model... But when I saw the Acadia at the dealership in person and with those brick leather seats and white exterior I stood amazed on how beautiful that interior looked.

I'm a proud owner and love driving it when ever I get a chance.

I have owned Mitsubishi, Nissan, Dodge, Honda, Ford, and the one I traded in my Audi, but this has been the best looking and comfortable car I've owed so far.
Good luck and enjoy it. How many miles on the 07?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Maybe I should start a Brick Interior Club!!!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Audi had a brick colored leather a while back... they used thick stitching like a baseball glove, anyone see it before?
Was really sweet, and I'm not a huge baseball fan...

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
AA/78U said:
Supply & Demand; 2011 Version

Ford increasing trims, GMC shrinking color availability, and whatever Chrysler calls themselves today, are offering a single interior color for most trims (Gray). The planned obsolescence of the 60's-70's gas guzzling muscle cars is making way for hybrids and all electric vehicles. Indeed, the few that have supercharged GTOs, 500 Hp Corvettes, 427c.i. Mustangs, and hemi-engined Chargers and Roadrunners are the special ones :thumb:

Sorry, for :threadjacked:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Insti08 said:
Maybe I should start a Brick Interior Club!!!
I think you should :thumb:; it will be an elite roll call

1 - 20 of 26 Posts