GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what the amber light just behind the three buttons for garage opener is? I know it has to do with programming but it is on a lot of the time.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I thought it was just a light for the console. I didn't know it had to do with programming.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you program the opener it blinks and goes steady but i didn't know it stayed on a lot.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I believe, and I could be wrong, mine comes on when my headlights are on.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good to me i have noticed it when is overcast or dark. I have asked questions at the dealership but the acadia is so new they don't really know either.

·
Registered
492 Posts
garco 57 said:
Anybody know what the amber light just behind the three buttons for garage opener is? I know it has to do with programming but it is on a lot of the time.
At night in a dark place turn the headlights on. Look at the cup holders. Take finger and cover little light. Now take finger off. Thats a smart little light placement to light up the center console. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Nice touch, like some European cars so you can see your cup holder and center console at night...

·
Registered
151 Posts
admin said:
Nice touch, like some European cars so you can see your cup holder and center console at night...
This is a **** fine car/truck!! They've thought of everything!

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
My Passat has it in red. Lights up shifter and center console as well.

Very well thought out if you ask me.

·
Registered
119 Posts
it also "dims" with the dash lite dimmer knob...........

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks
Since i asked the question i think it is for the cup holders what a neat idea.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I noticed that light when I took one home to test drive. I agree, so you can see the shifter, water bottle, etc. Just enough not to bug you while driving. :blob:

·
Registered
497 Posts
There are two lights up there. One is a LED for the Homelink system--small, red trianglular shaped light that goes on when you hit any of the three Homelink buttons. The other is an amber square light that illuminates the center console when the headlights are on. Our Audis had this (although red) and while not generally noticable, it's something you get very used to. I thought it was a very well thought out addition to the Acadia. Not having any experience with American vehicles since the 1970s, I was very impressed with this small detail.

Is the amber downlight on all trim levels?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Acadia4VA-WV said:
Is the amber downlight on all trim levels?
I have it on my SLT-1.....

·
Registered
681 Posts
I noticed on my test drive at night - thought it was a great feature to add. Useful when looking for change in the console.

·
Registered
32 Posts
:worthless:

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I'm not sure pics would capture it. I guess if someone has a good quality cam and uses a tripod without flash it might show up. Basically, it's a tiny amber light in the headliner that shines down on the center console (the shifter, cup-holder, that area) and bathes it in a very faint amber glow - just enough light to see it in complete darkness. I noticed it a few days after we got our Acadia when I reached to change the radio or something and saw an amber spotlight on the back of my hand.. then traced it up to the headliner...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It is a great touch but i haven't had mine in the dark yet, after two weeks i still have not driven at night.

·
Registered
32 Posts
admin said:
I'm not sure pics would capture it. I guess if someone has a good quality cam and uses a tripod without flash it might show up. Basically, it's a tiny amber light in the headliner that shines down on the center console (the shifter, cup-holder, that area) and bathes it in a very faint amber glow - just enough light to see it in complete darkness. I noticed it a few days after we got our Acadia when I reached to change the radio or something and saw an amber spotlight on the back of my hand.. then traced it up to the headliner...
Admin - Way too sophisticated approach for photo's. I was merely suggesting a photo of the area in broad daylight so that I may know what to look for. I don't need it at night while the light is on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts