GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've replaced both cam sensors on bank 2 as coded, changed the crankshaft position sensor, still no change, now it wont start and when it does it sounds like it's out of time, we are aware of the warranty on timing chains and when we looked it up it says it hasn't but the dealership is saying it has.. sooo where do you go from here?

·
Super Moderator
19,260 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Please explain the statement about warranty. If the vehicle is a 2007, all factory warranties and special coverage extensions have expired by now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were under impression if timing chain was not replaced that it would be covered but that would be why I'm on a gmc site asking about a gmc vehicle

·
Super Moderator
19,260 Posts
The extension of coverage on timing chains (SCA) was only good for 10 years or 120K miles, whichever came first. Any vehicle from 2007-2009 would not be covered, unless it was delivered new sometime in 2010.

Please let us know what model year vehicle you're talking about. I'm assuming it's a 2007 based on your member name.

·
Super Moderator
19,260 Posts
If you have some warranty arrangement with the dealer, you'll have to pressure them about repairing the vehicle. GMC has no obligation to honor dealer-stated warranties when it comes to repairing a vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
19,260 Posts
Check with your state's consumer protection laws with respect to used car purchases. You may find an avenue for persuading the dealer to take appropriate action.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts