GMC Acadia Forum banner

Wondering those who have had their Acadias over 1 month, how many times in the shop

• Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-3 Times

• Over 3 Times

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hearing some complaints about transmission, temperature guages, leaking doors etc. Curious what everyones experience with their Acadias is in the reliability department. Are the compaints of a few or are a majority having initial quality issues.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I took mine in last week to address the TSB's. They had to order the parts I needed for the seat fix, and the air gap issue, so it will need to go back in one more time. Since mine was an early build date, and those issues had not been remedied I will give them a pass. I tend to think all will be fine after the first two trips into the shop. I think it is important to note that people tend not to post about their new car if everything is fine, so the prevalence of issues on this forum does not accurately reflect the whole picture. All in all I will say that this vehicle to date has my full approval. Thats not to say I couldn't pick faults with it. Like any THING, it is the reflection of the work and planning of we fallible individuals, and is subject to the continual refinement that is the learning process.

Dan

·
Registered
403 Posts
As with any new car, it takes a while for parts to flow through the system. A coworker of my wife was in an accident with her new Acadia, it's taking longer than expected to fix.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've had mine for over a month and won't take it in until it's time for an oil change. I haven't made a trip to the dealer to fix any of the recalls or TSB's either....I figure I'll get it all done in one day. The Acadia drives just fine to me and I'm in no hurry to get the recalls done...

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Twice

1 - battery died after 7 days. Found no recalls were done prior to delivery. Had all recalls done including tranny.

2- CEL and traction lit up on d-board. Related to first recall b.c codes wer enot cleared from the computer system.

2 annoyances, but understandale.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Mine's only been in to have the tranny and seat/liftgate recalls done. Other than that, it's been absolutely perfect. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine's only been in the shop to take care of the necessary recalls.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dan-M and others...thanks for the understanding here. Your patience is appreciated. There are many GM folks "listening" to this forum and working to address issues. Thanks for being "early adopters" and helping to make these vehicles better through your feedback!

·
Registered
524 Posts
acadia7j100001 said:
Dan-M and others...thanks for the understanding here. Your patience is appreciated. There are many GM folks "listening" to this forum and working to address issues. Thanks for being "early adopters" and helping to make these vehicles better through your feedback!

And I just want to say thank you for being a part of this forum. To know that we the consumer have a voice at ground zero makes all the difference in the world as to the overall impact this forum has. To know that people like you are hear listening to what we are saying is HUGE ! THANKS!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Had all recalls done at pickup, not back in since, runs flawlessly :cheers:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Over 2,000 miles on it right now. Mine was built after the early recalls were done so have not had any reason to go to the dealership.

With the super low maintenance schedule and GM's high quality product (my 1998 Corvette has had only 1 non maintenance/warranty service!!!) I don't think I will be seeing my GMC dealership for a long time!

My salesman has also called me 2 times in the past 6 weeks just to make sure everything is going great with my new ride! Infiniti, Acura and Ford never did that!

·
Registered
118 Posts
i took mine in last Friday, and i finally get to go pick it up tomorrow. so, they had it for a whole week. as most of you know who have followed this forum, i have discovered a number of problems with mine over the last few weeks of ownership. i am willing to give them a shot to fix these items, but bottom line, for $40k, they better be fixed. i know they will not fix all of them, so the service advisor better be well rested in the morning. i just got in from los angeles, and you can tell from the time that i am posting this, that i will be working on a short night.

maybe i'll be surprised...

·
Registered
261 Posts
texas123 said:
i took mine in last Friday, and i finally get to go pick it up tomorrow. so, they had it for a whole week. as most of you know who have followed this forum, i have discovered a number of problems with mine over the last few weeks of ownership. i am willing to give them a shot to fix these items, but bottom line, for $40k, they better be fixed. i know they will not fix all of them, so the service advisor better be well rested in the morning. i just got in from los angeles, and you can tell from the time that i am posting this, that i will be working on a short night.

maybe i'll be surprised...
Did you take it into Los Angeles for the repairs and if so, what dealership?

·
Registered
524 Posts
texas123 said:

maybe I'll be surprised...

I like to hear what all you had addressed. Good luck!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Only once for recalls. I may have to make another trip for the temp gauge. It's sticking at the same temp for a LONG time. I'm going to keep an eye on it.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
4600 miles in 2 and a half months without a single issue. I voted "once" though because I took it in for the recalls/tsbs to be done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts