1,208 Posts
I have always used Thule products.
It should do its job very well.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Thule has a five also. I have it and it works very well with the Acadia

http://www.thuleracks.com/product.asp?dept_id=8&sku=915

Theresa, since this is just a longer version of the one you purchased, yours should work very well with the Acadia. The only differenc I see is a bit more length for the extra bike on the 5 and the 5 works in 2" hitches only. Looks like the 4 has a 1.25" mount with an adapter for the two inch.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
We don't have hitches but have Thule rear trunk/hatch, 2 bicycle station, that will adjust to any type vehicle. We have owned the Yakama roof mount years back and liked that with ease of entering rear of Pinto wagon hatch and did not have to remove the front wheels on our bikes. My 2 C w/o hitch. No problem with touchless auto wash.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have used Thule hitches for a long time and they are great.
On the rack you bought you need "traditional" frames to work well as they are attached to the rack from the top tube. Funky frames with this style of rack can be a problem. They have a rack which pivots to the side of the car to allow easier access to the cargo area. I had that on my Xterra and it was nice to not have to drop the rack down because those bikes are heavy. Thule makes racks that hold the bike by the wheels. I have this kind now(T-2 I believe) and it accepts any bike ever built.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts