GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok so i bought a 2009 acadia with 152000 kms on it knowing it needed a timing chain as all cylinders were misfiring. I pulled the engine raplaced timing chains and water pump just because i was in there might as well for piece of mind also spark plugs put it all back together and install.

Have issues starting all because i missed tightening 1 little ground wire on the back passenger side. Ya i get it that 1 of the grounds for the sensors going through the timing cover so then hi pressure fuel pump pressure isall over the place plus the fuel looks like lemonaid now im wondering how long has this car been sitting so i drain and clean fuel tank and fuel lines add fresh fuel pull the plugs and was them off.

Car runs good now drives great after wheel alignment but keep getting code for low voltage at mass air wich i believe is ahutting off advanced trac and stabilitrac so i replaice mass air because cleaning it with sensor cleaner didnt work. With new mass air installed still does same thing. It sends the code when you pull up to stop sign or street light then when you leave and rpm comes up all codes disappear.

Im wondering is there something wrong with my throttle body bringing rpm to low? Or could my battery be to week as its not the best. Any ideas would be great thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ok so i bought a 2009 acadia with 152000 kms on it knowing it needed a timing chain as all cylinders were misfiring. I pulled the engine raplaced timing chains and water pump just because i was in there might as well for piece of mind also spark plugs put it all back together and install.

Have issues starting all because i missed tightening 1 little ground wire on the back passenger side. Ya i get it that 1 of the grounds for the sensors going through the timing cover so then hi pressure fuel pump pressure isall over the place plus the fuel looks like lemonaid now im wondering how long has this car been sitting so i drain and clean fuel tank and fuel lines add fresh fuel pull the plugs and was them off.

Car runs good now drives great after wheel alignment but keep getting code for low voltage at mass air wich i believe is ahutting off advanced trac and stabilitrac so i replaice mass air because cleaning it with sensor cleaner didnt work. With new mass air installed still does same thing. It sends the code when you pull up to stop sign or street light then when you leave and rpm comes up all codes disappear.

Im wondering is there something wrong with my throttle body bringing rpm to low? Or could my battery be to week as its not the best. Any ideas would be great thanks
Welcome to the forum . !
Wow. . it sounds like you covered all the bases. But, yes, a weak battery can cause all sorts of havoc.
Maybe check the running voltage with a digital volt meter and see what the reading is. I t should be near 12.6 to 13.8 volts nominally and if the system is calling for higher charge it could read +14 to +15 VDC or so. Maybe take it to (Name Brand) or other convenient auto supply shop. They often will do a load test on the battery for free.

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Have you replaced the air filter? A clogged air filter can lead to symptoms you've described. It will restrict air flow through the MAF and set a low MAF voltage code, especially at engine idle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the info i know the battery isnt the best so ill try a better 1 and its a k&n filter that i cleaned and re oiled but ill try that as well

·
Super Moderator
18,310 Posts
Try to idle the engine without the K&N and see what happens. Those filters are a known cause of MAF problems if they're oiled too much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking the same so i took it out and checked but am sure i havent over oiled it that has always been a worry of mine on all k&n filters ive used havent had much time to work on it but was going to get a regular filter and try it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Joe.z.28
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing