GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a pretty loaded 09 AWD/SLT2, The sticker is $48255, selling price $44359 -2750(incentives) + taxes and tags.Walk out price= $45250 Does this seem like a good deal? I thought the Dealers were more desprit? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you will be so kind as to either post your location or say where this dealer is located, it may be helpful to members here so they can in turn help you. The info for how to do so is in the link Blues Clues in my signature.

For any price analysis, it is desirable to go to several sources:
www.cars.com
www.nadaguides.com
www.edmunds.com

I've linked them to their Acadia pages so you can exactly build the vehicle in question & see what the base invoice prices is. It will increase due to ad fees (usually $400-900) and dealer fees ($100-500+), plus of course taxes and tag fees.

Once you have a base invoice price, you can then judge how good or bad any prospective deal is to another. I'm sure recent buyers will jump in here and offer an opinion on the price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, looks like invoice on said Acadia is $44517, However i'm sure thats not what the dealer paid.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
gellie said:
Looking to buy a pretty loaded 09 AWD/SLT2, The sticker is $48255, selling price $44359 -2750(incentives) + taxes and tags.Walk out price= $45250 Does this seem like a good deal? I thought the Dealers were more desprit? Thanks
GM is desperate to get rid of 07's and 08's. I gotta imagine this vehicle is loaded out well; except for possibly heated washer fluid. Anyway if you plan on towing anything; make sure it has the trailering package, another member is having trouble with wiring for an Acadia that didn't have the trailering package (should be option V92). In my neck of the woods; this is probably going rate, but try and see what you can do to lower the price. I'm interested to know what color it is, I am partial to 78U Blue/Gold metallic. Let us know what happens

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
That is a good deal.

With the GMS pricing (employee), you would get
about 10% off.

Anything right around that is a good deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I dont intend to to do any trailing. The car Will be purchased in NJ, The color I'm thinking is White Diamond/Ebony.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
gellie said:
Thanks, I dont intend to to do any trailing. The car Will be purchased in NJ, The color I'm thinking is White Diamond/Ebony.
I'm not sure if the 09's have this issue with trailering and trailer lights (Blue, Raven any input?) Anyway, the White Diamond is nice, if you buy it upload the pics

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
He should be OK w/o towing in NJ unless he wants to tow something. We got it for the HD cooling system due to our hot climate, never plan to tow with it.

I think Alphadog is our resident tow guru- he was the one that had the heads up on the 5200 pound capacity hitch changeover date for the 2009 models.

Wiring is usually not too difficult, it is just a matter of finding the correct place & wire to tap into and making a secure connection- i.e. crimp and solder and then a removable weather-tight (Weather Pack or Metri Pack) connector. I just did this on my Dodge for a fan controller where I needed to tap into the coolant sensor & AC compressor power wires. If the manuals are out for the model year in question, the proper wires could be identified, or perhaps member tmundal could get the proper exploded diagram for same.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Copperhead13 said:
That is a good deal.

about 10% off.

Was that 10% off sticker? Was that the biggest discounts GM was offering on a Acadia? Seems like other folks on these boards were getting larger discounts,but im not sure if that was limited to 08's that were bought in Dec/Jan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Checked with one other dealer and this seems to be the best deal(slightly better) i can find. I guess this in one of GM better selling cars so they are not as desprite to sell.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
gellie said:
Copperhead13 said:
That is a good deal.

about 10% off.

Was that 10% off sticker? Was that the biggest discounts GM was offering on a Acadia? Seems like other folks on these boards were getting larger discounts,but im not sure if that was limited to 08's that were bought in Dec/Jan.
I don't think many buyers got more than 10% off MSRP;
not counting any additional rebates or credits.
Unless of course you can get more money off with any credit you have on your GM credit card and
any applicable rebates.

Some of the best prices I've noticed from posts on this forum are about 10% off of MSRP.

From your post it looks like your getting about $6,700 off.
That's pretty good to me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts